Job Title : IT Technical sales apprentice
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands, B24 9FD
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : IT Technical Salesperson (Level 3)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00215
Brief Description : Do you have an interest in Sales and Business Development?
Want to combine the two and earn while you learn?
Qualifications Required : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and build a career in the IT sector. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. · You must have at least a C grade for Maths & English at GCSE
· A GCSE, BTEC or A/S Level in Business Admin or Business Studies would be beneficial
· Experience within a customer service, administration or sales role is preferred but not essential
Vacancy Detail : The Role
As a Technical Sales Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will include:
• Developing new business via telephone and mass communication, such as email and social media to introduce the company’s solutions and services and to identify appropriate prospects within the target market.
• Improving sales through providing great customer service.
• Work with marketing to follow up on mailshots and promotions.
• Attending trade shows.
• Log/direct calls to the relevant departments.
• Understand the products and knowing where to source products.
• Obtaining prices and generating quotes.
• Log technical queries on the in-house system.
• Following up on quotations to ensure they have been received.
• Following up on leads and conducting research to identify potential prospects.
• Building and cultivating prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications, in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
• Conducting a needs analysis and determining prospects’ pain points to determine how the company’s solutions can meet their needs.
• Identifying key buying influencers within these prospect companies to determine budget and timeline.
• Working with the Director and other Sales & Marketing team members to develop and grow the sales pipeline, in order to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. Giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Salary : £187.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2019
Skills Required : • You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• An interest in sales and technology is mandatory.
• An Excellent telephone manner.
• You will have a desire to impress colleagues and customers.
• You will use initiative to deliver impressive results.
• You will show flexibility, team spirit and adaptability.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn/develop technical skills.
Future Prospects : To complete a recognised qualification within IT Technical sales and Opportunity for the right candidate to grow with the company and secure a permanent position.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled onto the Microsoft Technical Sales Apprenticeship and work towards gaining MTA qualifications in Cloud Fundamentals as well as a City & Guilds Level 3 ICT Diploma, gaining an understanding of the sales process, interpersonal communications, planning, making and closing calls, objection handling and meeting objectives. This apprenticeship is delivered remotely using the very latest Microsoft technologies via a live virtual classroom. This apprenticeship teaches the fundamental core sales skills and techniques for anybody looking to kick-start a career in Technical Sales.
The map below shows the employer's location