Job Title : Web Development
Location : Meriden, West Midlands, CV7 7PT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Software Developer (Level 4)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00241
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for coding and development?
Vacancy Detail : Work with one of the best 100 Companies to Work For in the UK (according to Sunday Times!). As a nationally well-known and very experienced independent recruitment company, our client recognises that talented people are the key to the success of any business. They are looking to recruit an aspiring young professional to join their IT team of experts. This role is based in Meriden in the heart of the Midlands.
You’ll work as part of the team to learn about the latest technologies used to deliver what is neede, including C# within the MVC framework, supported by the use of test driven development (TDD), continuous integration using Team City and continuous deployment using Octopus Deploy.
As a Microsoft Software Developer Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Becoming a valued part of the Software Development team.
• Helping existing staff with back-end development using Net.
• Frontend web development using HTML5
• Being responsible for extracting data and processing the extracted data.
• Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
• Work as part of a team looking after 80 websites.
• Updating software and systems development.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 37.5 Hours Per week.
Salary : £230.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2019
Personal Qualities : We require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : • You must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English and in three or four other subjects at least. You will have completed ideally a Level 3 IT/software apprenticeship or at least a Level 3 BTEC and/or A level in software development or have hands-on experience in a similar role.
Future Prospects : Opportunity to secure a permanent position working as a qualified software developer.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme.
The Software Developer (Level 4) apprenticeship contains the following knowledge modules and Microsoft certiﬁcations:
• Software Development Methodologies
• Programming in C# (20483)
• Developing Mobile Apps (20357)
• Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications (20486B)
You will attend 3 training courses to help you pass the exams for the 2 knowledge modules and the
• Software Development Context & Methodologies
• Developing Mobile Apps (20357) OR Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications (20486B)
These qualifications are globally recognised industry certifications and form the significant building block of software development knowledge for anybody looking to continue your career in software development.
The map below shows the employer's location