Job Title : IT Technician Apprentice
Location : Redcar, North Yorkshire, TS10 4RF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00273
Brief Description : We are looking to recruit an ambitious person who is looking for a career as an IT Pro and has a hunger to learn and progress quickly.
Qualifications Required : • To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
• You will have knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 8, 10, Server 2008, 2012, 2012, 2016.
• You will possess a basic understanding on the principles of Windows Updates, Windows Backup, Active Directory, Antivirus, Email, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, Local Area Networks including switches, routing, firewalls, is beneficial.
Vacancy Detail : Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Technician Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Checking backups, antivirus, monitoring systems and resolving any failures or issues as a first line technician
• Deploying security updates across workstations and servers
• Deploying workstations, servers and virtual machines including installation of applications, features and roles when required
• Carrying out Active Directory user and group management activities
• Following standard procedures for regular activities
• Working with and escalating where necessary technical issues and changes to senior infrastructure engineers
• Attending and actively engaging in regular team meetings
• Assisting with projects, upgrades and new system implementations.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Bridging the gap between information technology and operational technology, our client’s credibility is aligned with industry regulators who they work closely alongside. They act as an extension of their customers’ teams, giving back control so they can focus on what they do best.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours
Salary : £200.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 23/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will be friendly with a strong personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : • You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
• You will be able to Able to work in a fast-paced environment, pick up knowledge quickly and be able to work well under pressure.
• You will be a logical thinker with the ability to problem solve.
• You will be confident taking part in meetings and holding discussions over the telephone as an active participant.
• You will be an energetic individual with a passion for customer satisfaction and technology.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Other Information : Location - Redcar, TS10
Hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Wage = £200 per week
The map below shows the employer's location