Job Title : IT Technician Apprentice
Location : Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 8YB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00280
Brief Description : We are looking for enthusiastic aspiring IT Technicians to work within a company where great service delivered by passionate people is the foundation of their customer service principles.
Qualifications Required : • To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : Passionate about tech with a focus on customer service? That’s what makes our client one of the fastest growing VARs (value added reseller) in the UK’s top 40. They advise customers on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology and provide customer service support to enhance users' IT experience and performance. With over 150 employees, they are looking to offer 4 enthusiastic, aspiring IT Technicians an apprenticeship opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience, to begin building a successful career in the IT industry. If this sounds good to you, read on!
Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Technician Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technician Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Imaging through multiple platforms: SCCM, MDT, Ghost, Acronis and WDS.
• Assembling, configuring and testing business level PCs and any other products using instructions from the sales department, including the loading and testing of software products prior to shipping to customers.
• Assisting the Configuration Centre Manager in dealing with customer enquiries, including the liaison with customers/suppliers regarding service/returns issues.
• Testing hardware to ensure devices are working properly.
• Enrolling Android tablets into MDM solutions such as Samsung Knox and Maas360.
• Following build documentation for a wide range of customers to an excellent standard.
• Applying RAID configuration to HP, Dell and Lenovo servers.
• Installing operating system onto HP, Dell and Lenovo servers.
• Asset tagging customer hardware and record device details.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Our employer is one of the fastest growing independent IT value-added resellers. Their aim is to deliver exceptional service to customers in both corporate and public sector organisations. The company advise their customers on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology and provide services that support their clients every step of the journey towards enhancing the users’ IT experience and performance.
Positions Available : 4
Working Week : 40
Salary : £170.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 23/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 02/09/2019
Personal Qualities : The company require a polite, bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : • You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be professional, flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
• You will possess the ability to work to tight deadlines and will have excellent attention to detail.
• You will have a clear interest in IT and Technology.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Other Information : Location - Watford, WD18
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm
Wage = £170 per week
The map below shows the employer's location