Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Location : Kidderminster, West Midlands, DY10 1HU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00297
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for problem solving? Want to become the next big IT expert?
Vacancy Detail : We have an exciting vacancy for a junior hardware support apprentice to work within a professional, fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
Our Client is an established business based in Kidderminster providing total IT solutions to the business community for over thirty years with customers ranging from small companies to corporate bodies with large multi-user networks and offices from London to Belfast.
As a Infrastructure Technician your main roles and responsibilities will include:
You will be required to assist the team with the in-house support of our customer’s systems, along with assisting with the preparation of equipment prior to on-site installation by the senior engineers.
• Working with the other members of the Technical Department to ensure it works smoothly and efficiently.
• Ensuring company and customer specific SLA’s are always met, if not exceeded where possible.
• Support of Windows Server 2008, 2011 and SBS 2008 and 2011, plus ancillary products such as Backup Exec, Microsoft Backup, Trend, Sophos, McAfee plus our own-branded Managed Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and Email Archiving services.
• Regular checks throughout the day of Remote Server Monitoring (of our customers systems) and either resolution of reported issues or escalation to the team.
• Regular checks throughout the day of Support Mail and Support System for new jobs and either resolution of reported issues or escalation to the team.
• Assisting with the in-house preparation and configuration of Workstations, Printers/Scanners/MFP’s, UPS’s, Switches, Firewalls and Routers etc. prior to onward installation of these by the installation team (File Servers and Server-related equipment is prepared by the systems engineers prior to installation).
• Assisting with in-house repairs of equipment.
• Ensuring Loan Equipment is ready for ‘next use’ i.e. re-configured after use back to its original condition.
We will not expect you, as an apprentice, to understand the full spec of the above responsibilities just yet but as this is a ‘live’ working environment we do expect full commitment and a can-do attitude. ‘On the job’ training will be provided.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 9.00am-5.30pm
Salary : £168.75 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 27/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 07/10/2019
Skills Required : Our client require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry.
• To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English.
• You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
Future Prospects : Opportunity for the learner to secure a permanent position with the company once completed apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
The map below shows the employer's location