Job Title : Software Support Apprentice
Location : Kidderminster, West Midlands, DY10 1HU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00298
Brief Description : Have you ever wondered on how to create/ fix and solve any issues on a website or a program using code?
Qualifications Required : • You must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT/software.
Vacancy Detail : We have a very exciting opportunity available working as a software support apprentice based in Kidderminster working for family run IT business, with over 30 year’s experience providing total IT solutions to the business community. Working with customers ranging from small companies to corporate bodies with large multi-user networks and offices from London to Belfast.
As a software developer apprentice your main role and responsibilities will involve:
• Working with the other members of the Technical Department to ensure it works smoothly and efficiently.
• Ensuring company and customer specific SLA’s are always met, if not exceeded where possible.
• Providing customers with support on a range of software platforms
• Regular checks throughout the day of Support Mail and Support System for new jobs and either resolution of reported issues or escalation to the team.
• Assisting with in-house repairs to customer data.
• Assisting with the in-house creation of reports and documents using Visual Foxpro, XRL and Crystal.
• Assisting with the creation of SQL queries and scripts.
* We will not expect you, as an apprentice, to understand the full spec of the above responsibilities just yet but as this is a ‘live’ working environment we do expect full commitment and a can-do attitude. ‘On the job’ training will be provided.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week.
Salary : £168.75 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 30/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2019
Skills Required : We require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Future Prospects : Opportunity for the learner to secure a permanent position once the apprenticeship has been completed as a qualified software developer.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
The map below shows the employer's location