Job Title : Software Developer Apprentice
Location : Hayes, London, UB4 8LR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Software Developer (Level 4)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00302
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for coding and development?
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering an exciting new opportunity to embark on a career as a Software Developer Apprentice at Level 4.
Qualifications Required : • You must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English and in three or four other subjects at least. You will have ideally completed a Level 3 IT/software apprenticeship or at least a Level 3 BTEC and/or A level in software development or have hands-on experience in a similar role.
Vacancy Detail : As a Level 4 Software Developer Apprentice, you will be undertaking a recognised apprenticeship qualification, including Microsoft certifications, at the same time as working as part of the company’s software development team.
You’ll work as part of the team to learn about the latest technologies used to deliver what is needed, including C# within the MVC framework, supported by the use of test-driven development (TDD), continuous integration using Team City and continuous deployment using Octopus Deploy.
As a Microsoft Software Developer Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Attending the daily scrum meeting to provide progress updates of the previous day and to discuss what is next on the agenda
• Highlighting any constraints that can potentially risk the allocated deadline
• Keeping track of 1 or 2 weeks sprint that is assigned to each developer
• Writing server-side code to complete allocated tasks in Node.JS
• Writing client-side code to complete allocated tasks in React.JS
• Unit testing code to fix potential logical bugs in business rules
• Attending project milestones meetings to work on short term and long-term tasks with clarity
• Working with other fellow developers in order to understand other modules of the product on top of assigned modules
• Working with the testing team to ensure product quality, escalating bugs in case regression is broken
• Logging task progress in slack channels and on Monday.com and notifying if task is achieved before or on deadline
• Documentation of code
• Writing code reviews
• Debugging and fixing assigned bugs.
About the Company
A digital asset exchange headquartered in the UK, our client is a secure, real-time, social, crypto trading solution for digital assets. Their mission is to innovate solutions using blockchain technology that can solve real-world problems for humans by offering easy access to digital assets, reducing cost and effort for start-ups and established institutions to raise capital in tokenized economy.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours
Salary : £175.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 25/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 04/11/2019
Personal Qualities : We require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : • You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will have strong attention to detail.
• You will have an analytical, methodical approach and will possess the ability to problem solve.
• An interest in software development and a desire to be a software engineer is mandatory.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme.
The Software Developer (Level 4) apprenticeship contains the following knowledge modules and Microsoft certiﬁcations:
• Software Development Methodologies
• Programming in C# (20483)
• Developing Mobile Apps (20357)
• Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications (20486B)
You will attend 3 training courses to help you pass the exams for the 2 knowledge modules and the
• Software Development Context & Methodologies
• Developing Mobile Apps (20357) OR Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications (20486B)
These qualifications are globally recognised industry certifications and form the significant building block of software development knowledge for anybody looking to continue your career in software development.
Other Information : Location - Uxbridge, UB4
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm
Wage = £175 per week
We process all applications received and contact candidates ASAP so please keep an eye out for a phone call from one of our team on an 02392 number. If you miss a call, we will send you an email.
The map below shows the employer's location