Job Title : IT Helpdesk Apprentice
Location : Reigate, Surrey, RH2 0QS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00306
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a company based in Reigate.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : We are looking to recruit a IT Helpdesk Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kick start your career in IT.
The primary role of the IT Helpdesk Apprentice is to provide 1st Level support to all ‘users’ with an educational environment. The work will involve logging and resolving helpdesk calls and visiting classrooms providing support to staff and students.
As a IT Helpdesk Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Under the guidance of senior staff: Provide specialist ICT support that ensures the school establishes and maintains high quality learning facilities.
• Ability to effectively and proficiently communicate (verbally and in writing) technical information at an appropriate level, and in a suitable style, having assessed the audience.
• Consistently deliver a customer focused helpdesk experience, ensuring that customers (users) are communicated with throughout the call.
• Maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, undertake specialist repairs/modifications within own capabilities and arrange for other repairs/modifications to be carried out by others.
• Provide advice and guidance as required to the College.
• Implement agreed work programmes/practices under the guidance of Senior Staff.
• Monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• To be aware of the school’s responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1984 for the security, accuracy and relevance of personal data held on such systems and ensure that all administrative and financial processes comply with this.
About the Company
Our client is the largest independent ICT provider for schools and educational establishments across the UK. With over ten years’ experience in the educational sector, they are able to provide a leading service for their clients in fields such as managed services, cloud, Sharepoint and project work.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours
Salary : £150.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2019
Personal Qualities : Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, will be customer facing, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : • You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills, a brilliant telephone manner and interpersonal manners.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
Future Prospects : Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship you will achieve Microsoft accredited certifications and this is a fantastic starting point in your IT career. For the right candidate, future career progression within the company is almost certainly an option.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Other Information : Location - Reigate, RH2
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm
Wage = £150 per week
The map below shows the employer's location