Job Title : IT Apprentice
Location : Leicester ,, Leicestershire, LE1 6XF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00311
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for problem solving? Want to become the next big IT expert?
Qualifications Required : - You must have at least a C grade for Maths & English at GCSE
- A GCSE, BTEC or A/S Level in Business Admin or Business Studies would be beneficial
-Experience within a customer service, administration or sales role is preferred but not essential
Vacancy Detail : Our client is a growing business in the legal sector working as a soliciting business, providing services to their clients with advise on immigration and sponsorship. The business is continuously growing with 6 different offices in a different city and would like you to join their IT team in Leicester as an IT Support Apprentice.
As a Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main role/ responsibilities will include:
• Offering 1st line support for internal users.
• Raising tickets and processing jobs.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday- Friday 37.5 hours per week
Salary : £200.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 25/10/2019
Possible Start Date : 01/11/2019
Personal Qualities : Our client require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry.
Skills Required : • You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
Future Prospects : Opportunity for the right candidate to secure a permanent position after completing the apprenticeship as a qualified IT technician.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
The map below shows the employer's location