Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Location : Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO4 8SY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00313
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Qualifications Required : • To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
• You must have a full, clean UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
1. Being the first point of contact for the customer into ICT, dealing with all types of queries, requests for service and incident logging, ensuring a consistent approach is taken and the customer receives an efficient and responsive service.
2. Providing a first line support service, following Triage guidelines, ensuring necessary information is captured and recorded to facilitate resolution of reported incidents to agreed Service Level Agreements.
3. Routing service requests, such as Changes, Procurements and Account Requests to the correct support groups.
4. Keeping up-to-date with new service level agreements and processes to maintain a consistent, effective and efficient service delivery to the customers.
5. Providing advice and guidance to end users on best practice for storage of electronic documents ensuring cost effective use of ICT resources and equipment.
6. Employing interpersonal and technical skills to diagnose customer IT problems and decide upon appropriate routes to resolve them.
7. Using technical skills and expertise to resolve identified customer ICT problems over the phone and on customer PCs via remote PC control software assisting in the target of 65% of calls being resolved at first contact.
8. Where necessary, allocating specialist technical tasks to the relevant support team or 3rd party maintenance company and manage their open calls to ensure customers are kept informed of progress through to resolution.
9. Carrying out team administrative tasks as required including inventory surveys/updates and production of standard quarterly reports.
10. Setting up new user accounts as requested for ECR applications and other departmental clinical systems ensuring existing users are identified, ID naming conventions maintained, users notified, and all changes logged on the Service Desk incident tracking system.
11. As one of a limited number of Trust staff with Administrator Account privileges, using expertise in Active Directory to manage customer facilities on the Trust’s data network, in line with Service Level Agreements, as follows:
o Set-up and maintain user accounts, monitoring usage and disabling user accounts as appropriate.
o Follow procedures to maintain the Customer Database
o Create and maintain user accounts for other relevant applications
o Where required split file-server-storage areas into discrete sections to meet the needs of individual services
o Where required copy user accounts/data when staff relocate to new sites
o Where required, conduct phone-based user induction training, providing advice and guidance on best practice for storage of electronic documents and archiving recommendations.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Our client is a large district general healthcare service, providing comprehensive acute and specialist services. They are the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England, with an annual turnover of close to £550m, employing over 7,000 members of staff. Their main site is located in Portsmouth and their staff (with over 600 volunteers) work across Portsmouth and South East Hampshire. They serve a population of around 675,000 Portsmouth and south east Hampshire residents.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 37.5 hours
Salary : £146.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2019
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic, confident and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : • You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills, a brilliant telephone manner and good interpersonal & explanatory skills in dealing with a wide range of ICT users.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be able to use own initiative to investigate and resolve problems.
• You will be service-orientated and customer focused.
• You will be a team player, able to consult and contribute.
• You will be patient, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
Future Prospects : There are excellent career prospects to progress into a senior engineer position for the right person on completion of the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Things to consider : • You will have a flexible approach to working outside normal office hours, if and when the need arises.
The map below shows the employer's location