Job Title : Network Engineer Apprentice
Location : Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4BS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Network Engineer (Level 4)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00368
Brief Description : Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you have qualifications in IT and want to focus your skills in a specialised and technical environment? Then this is the job for you!
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you ideally would hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE Math’s & English, and in three or four other subjects.
You will have completed a Level 3 apprenticeship in IT or hold a level 3 BTEC and/or A level in IT or have hands on experience in a similar role.
Due to travel to client sites, a full, clean driving license is required.
Vacancy Detail : We are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a Level 4 Network Engineer Apprentice to assist in installing, maintaining and supporting communication networks.
As a Network Engineer Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include visiting various client sites to deal with the following:
• Installation & commissioning of network equipment including various routing, switching and security products from vendors such as Juniper & Cisco, optical SDH & DWDM equipment.
• Network testing using test pads
• DC power installation, including new EU colour coding
• Working with different fibre types and connectors (SM, MM, LC, SC, E2000, MPO/MTP, etc.)
• Dealing with fibre optics & ODF’s, dB levels, attenuation, use of a light power meter, light source, etc.
• Fibre & copper cabling – cabling of RJ45 panels, fibre ODF’s.
• Cable termination – RJ45, Cat5/6 punch down panels, E1’s.
• Installing network infrastructures such as racks, shelves, cable trays, trunking etc.
• Working with fibre transceivers such as SFP’s, GBIC’s and various optical modules.
• Troubleshooting network issues, performing investigations, diagnosing and fixing faults.
• Carrying out site surveys and producing detailed bills of materials for a given deployment.
• Producing reports and all associated documentation.
• Prestaging of equipment is a key part of this role to ensure equipment is fit for purpose.
• To take full responsibility for the complete installation, commissioning and testing of a network deployment and to ensure that all documentation is completed in a timely manner.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable. Giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Our client helps organisations develop secure, carrier grade network connectivity that successfully delivers a better end user experience. The company support its customers (private-sector companies, public-sector entities, operators and service providers) in their infrastructures and digital solutions development. They offer a comprehensive range of ICT solutions and services, spanning business applications and data analytics, enterprise networks and digital workspaces, datacentres and cloud services, telecommunications infrastructure and cyber security. Their specialized consulting, design, integration and service teams develop bespoke solutions that transform technology into added values.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, there are lots of opportunities for progression within the business; the company has a proven record for career progression and rewarding high achievers.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours per week
Salary : £230.76 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 24/04/2020
Possible Start Date : 04/05/2020
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career. The company are looking for someone with a positive, can-do attitude from someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : • You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be customer focussed and have a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ for the customer.
• You will be accurate and timely in the production of paperwork. The ability to schedule and coordinate work to tight deadlines is a must.
• You will possess good written and verbal communication skills with internal and external customers at all levels
• You will be a good team player, a highly motivated self- starter and a good relationship builder.
Future Prospects : Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, there are lots of opportunities for progression within the business; the company has a proven record for career progression and rewarding high achievers.
Training to be Provided : This is an exciting 2-year apprenticeship, that teaches the very latest Microsoft and sector recognised certifications. It can combine both traditional Server and Network learning, with the very latest Cloud based certifications. You will also be studying for your British computer society project management course, alongside this you will gain the CompTIA Network+ and a security+ certification. Within in this level 4 apprenticeship you will be completing the Installation, storage and compute windows server 2016
Other Information : Location - Basingstoke, RG22
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm
Wage = £12,000 per annum / £230.76 per week
The map below shows the employer's location