Job Title : IT Technician Apprentice
Location : Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5RB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00380
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Qualifications Required : • To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Technician Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technician Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Provide specialist ICT support that ensures the school establishes and maintains high quality learning facilities.
• Convey technical information at an appropriate level, and in a suitable style, having assessed the audience and provide specialist advice and guidance as required.
• Consistently deliver a customer focused helpdesk experience, ensuring that users are communicated with throughout.
• Use specialist skills/training/experience to support school’s staff & pupils’ ICT requirements.
• Assist with the maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, undertake specialist repairs/modifications within own capabilities and arrange for other repairs/modifications to be carried out by others.
• Demonstrate and assist in the safe and effective use of specialist equipment/materials.
• Implement agreed work programmes/practices under the guidance of colleagues.
• Monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health & safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
• To be aware of the school’s responsibilities under the Data Protection Acts/Laws for the security, accuracy and relevance of personal data held on such systems and ensure that all administrative and financial processes comply with this.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Our client is the largest independent ICT provider for schools and educational establishments across the UK. With over ten years’ experience in the educational sector, they are able to provide a leading service for their clients in fields such as managed services, cloud, Sharepoint and project work.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours per week
Salary : £155.62 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/07/2020
Possible Start Date : 10/08/2020
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, will be customer facing, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : • You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills, a brilliant telephone manner and interpersonal manners.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
Future Prospects : Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, you will achieve industry recognised qualifications, giving you a great start to your career within the sector!
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Other Information : Location - Ringmer, BN8
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday
Wage = £155.62 per week
We process all applications received and contact candidates ASAP so please keep an eye out for a phone call from one of our team on an 02392 number. If you miss a call, we will send you an email.
The map below shows the employer's location