Job Title : Digital Marketing Apprentice
Location : Luton, London, LU4 0JF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Digital Marketing Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00387
Brief Description : The purpose of this role is to work with senior directorial staff to support online operations, customer service and marketing strategies. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting fashion brand with a supportive culture and fun, energetic team.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you ideally would hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE Math’s & English, and in three or four other subjects. You would look to have gained a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in Business studies/Marketing.
Vacancy Detail : Throughout your time with our client, you will be responsible for supporting the marketing team in the execution of day to day tasks. You will work across all digital marketing channels from retention (supporting on email, SMS & push comms), acquisition (display, paid search & social media activity), as well as analytics & insight (Google Analytics, data mining & social listening), along with supporting the team to increase new marketing strategies for B2B. They are a small team, so from time to time all need to roll up their sleeves and pitch in with a variety of duties across the business.
As a Digital Marketing Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that product listings across all our ecommerce platforms are monitored, maintained and updated along with Creation of listing products and imagery.
• Assisting in the processing of customers’ orders from CMs to ERP system.
• Working with email tools to generate marketing campaigns.
• General website merchandising.
• Plan, implement and optimise brand stories and values across multiple digital touch points
• Developing social media content that brings our product to life through storytelling.
• Monitoring and reporting performance and implement optimisation based on real insight from marketing channels (paid and organic).
• Ensuring a great customer experience online and be proactive in coming up with new ideas how to develop.
• Working with the Wholesale business to create and execute season catalogues and marketing material.
• Answering and manage incoming calls building relations and effectively communicate over the phone, via email, face to face and other channels (website and marketplaces).
• Handling customer service along with complaints and queries to the highest standard, going the extra mile where necessary.
• Processing Returns, deliveries and liaising with couriers and warehouse team when necessary.
• Working in the warehouse to dispatch orders when required.
• Monitor and react to customer feedback and reviews (review centres, Social Media, Google, Market Places).
• Preparing and editing correspondence, communications (internal and external), presentation and documents materials for events.
• Assist to provide overall administration for the office including managing cleaners, stationery and supplies.
• Assist to manage supplier relationships with regards to IT infrastructure, telephone systems and operational needs.
The client is looking for someone who is keen to enjoy learning. Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable. Giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the marketing sector.
About the Company
Our client’s company culture is to sell and distribute comfortable high-quality shoes sourced sustainably with excellent service. The company is built on a rich Brazilian heritage which they try to portray with the style and experience of their shoes. They exist to make walking a pleasurable experience and would like to express this to the world! Awards gained are all the Drapers and Footwear Awards, as well as the 2 Direcoes awards in Brazil.
Perks and Prospects
The successful applicant will get one pair of the client’s shoes when joining and staff discount thereafter.
They get a day off on their birthday and 24th December as extra holiday, provided it is on a weekday.
Every day is a dress down day – No formal dress code here!
In term of progress, there are constant one to ones and feedback, as well as training with the whole team in different areas and the apprentice will be trained for full integration into the digital team on a permanent basis.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 35 hours per week
Salary : £145.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/07/2020
Possible Start Date : 10/08/2020
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic, trustworthy, dependable and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude from someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : You will possess the following qualities:
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Engaged and enthusiastic
• Business savvy
• Desire to grow a business
• Reliability and dedication
• Strategic and analytical thinking
• Love a challenge!
• Computer literacy - (Basic Microsoft Office skills, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Numerate and literate (GCSE English and maths minimum C Grade)
• Great track record in attendance, time keeping and meeting deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Willing to help across all teams and wanting to learn
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Be a good team worker and also be able to work on your own initiative
• Strong attention to detail
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• A hands-on attitude and eagerness to help others
• Understanding of the digital world
Beneficial skills, but not mandatory to have are:
• Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures is a bonus
• Image manipulation software e.g. photoshop / Canva or similar
• Google Analytics
• Word Press or blogging
• Demonstrable experience running own Facebook Page/Group and/or editing own website.
Future Prospects : In term of progress, there are constant one to ones and feedback, as well as training with the whole team in different areas and the apprentice will be trained for full integration into the digital team on a permanent basis.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled onto the Microsoft Digital Marketing Apprenticeship and work towards gaining a City & Guilds Level 3 Digital Marketing Diploma. You will also have the opportunity to learn specific Microsoft skills in SEO and Google Ads, LinkedIn and Hootsuite. This apprenticeship is delivered remotely using a live virtual classroom and the very latest Microsoft Technologies. This apprenticeship teaches the fundamental core skills required for anybody looking to kick-start a career in the Digital Marketing Sector.
Other Information : Location - Luton, LU4
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Wage = £145.25 per week
The map below shows the employer's location