Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Location : Hillingdon, UB8 3GA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00472
Brief Description : We are looking to recruit an IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
You will work in assisting the service desk with the delivery of the ICT managed support service, providing school-based users with technical assistance, carrying out fault diagnosis and hardware/software support and performing routine service delivery tasks.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
Service Desk and Technical Assistance:
• First line ‘break-fix’ assistance to school-based users as directed by the site Service Desk queue
• Use the service desk software to report, log and correspond to requests
• Communicate with school-based staff to inform them of action and progress of reported problems
• Assist school-based staff and students with technical issues*
• Provide high levels of customer service
Hardware/Software Support and Fault Diagnosis:
• First line support for workstation and laptop support. Assessment and resolution of hardware/software issues
• First line support for printers. Basic assessment and resolution of hardware issues
• First line support for ICT peripheral devices (USB devices, Scanners, tablets etc)
• Assessment of hardware/software issues
• First line support for interactive whiteboards and projectors. Basic assessment and resolution of hardware issues
• First line support for wireless access points and hardwired network points. Basic assessment and resolution of issues
• Complete trouble-shooting tasks on supported infrastructure as directed by the service desk.
• Test and change cables as required. (Network, USB, serial, parallel etc)
• Change and diagnose hardware equipment as directed by the service desk
Routine Maintenance and Service Tasks:
• Complete software installations on workstations and laptops as directed by the service desk
• Complete deployment of images to workstation or laptops as directed by the service desk
• Change and replace printer consumables, paper as required
• Restore workstation/laptop images as directed by the service desk
• Complete Active Directory maintenance tasks as directed by the service desk
• Complete backup restores as directed by the service desk
• Complete routine hardware/software maintenance tasks as directed by the service desk
• Report breakages, vandalism or reoccurring problems to the service desk
• Maintain school asset record systems
• Maintain school stock systems
• Complete documentation to standard and at the request of the MST
• To work flexibly - this may on occasions include evenings, open days, parents' evenings and possibly weekends. This may also involve cover across the wider team in times of need.
• To participate fully in Staff Appraisal according to the requirements of AMS.
• To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development, as required.
• To work safely, consider the safety of others and work within the guidelines stated in the Academy Health and Safety Policy.
• To comply with all decisions, policies and standing orders of the Academy; comply with statutory requirements, including Equal Opportunities legislation, the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Data Protection Act.
• To have a commitment to Child Safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with the Academy's agreed procedures.
• To contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Academy and the Trust.
• To appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
• To recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
• To respond to requests in a timely manner and in line with set deadlines.
• To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
About the Company
Since 2011, our client has been striving for excellence in its 15 academy schools in southern England. They educate over 9,000 young people from the ages of 2 to 18. Each of the company’s academies aims to develop a curriculum which achieves the Trust’s vision: “Our vision is for an authentic education for the 21st century for children from the age of 2 to 18. We want all students to achieve high levels of success in a broad range of examinations at a variety of ages, whilst at the same time equipping them with the knowledge and skills required to play an active and successful role in today’s highly competitive, fast-changing world.” The curriculum of each academy also aims to reflect the local community and the particular needs of its students. This curriculum outline, developed in each academy, reflects the knowledge and skills, and the local social and employment context that pupils need in order to take advantage of opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life. The curriculum will help to powerfully address social disadvantage.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be a full-time role available, dependent upon business needs.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours per week
Application Deadline Date : 30/10/2020
Possible Start Date : 09/11/2020
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, flexible and proactive approach to work, who is an effective member and isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : • You will be highly organized with strong administrative skills
• You will demonstrate a commitment to providing quality customer service
• You will have excellent communication and literacy skills
• You will be a competent user of a range of ICT applications, including Microsoft Office
• You will have a high level of accuracy when it comes to written work and data entry/handling
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
• You will be adaptable with the ability to multitask, prioritise and to work to tight deadlines
• You will possess the ability to follow instructions accurately but will also be able to show initiative and make good judgements when required
• You will demonstrate a high level of trust, reliability and integrity and will deal with confidential/personal information sensitively and appropriately
• You will have superb IT skills and a base knowledge of hardware & software.
Future Prospects : Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be a full-time role available, dependent upon business needs.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.
Other Information : Location - Hillingdon, UB8
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5pm (37.5 hours per week)
Wage= £170.63 per week
The map below shows the employer's location