Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Location : Stoke on Trent,, ST3 5XA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00517
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you ideally would hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE Math’s & English, and in three or four other subjects. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Location: Stoke on Trent.
Join an award-winning family run business based in Stoke on Trent for recognition for their business activities and being on the cutting edge of software development.
The business has over 10 year’s experience providing services such as business transformation through technology, software development and Telecommunications.
The business is now looking to recruit two apprentices to join their valued IT team as an infrastructure technician.
• You will be entitled to a NUS Card – which means discounts at local high street stores, restaurants, travel & many more!
• All of our training is done remotely & online so no need to spend out expensive travelling costs traveling to college one day a week.
• You will gain a recognised qualification as a Level 3 Infrastructure technician with on the job training.
• You will get support from our team of tutors that will be with you every step of the way to help reach your career goals.
As an IT Apprentice your main role/ responsibilities will include:
• Answering the phone and providing excellent customer service and care in a professional and effec-tive manner.
• Providing remote support, advice and guidance to the customer
• Fault diagnosis and diagnosis of security issues
• Working with hardware
• Software installation
• Application support in bespoke software
• PC builds, reconfiguration and re-builds including:
- Account set-up & Identifying and fixing issues
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday to Friday 9.00am- 5.00pm
Salary : £ 150.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 26/02/2021
Possible Start Date : 01/03/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : • Be strong communicators, both internally and externally
• Develop own effectiveness and professionalism
• A driver’s license would be beneficial due to their location
• Someone who is the “go to” for friends & family for any IT issues
• Have a genuine passion for IT and software AND have great customer service!
• Be organised and responsive, using initiative and motivation to deal with enquiries
• Be reliable and enthusiastic Have good timekeeping
Future Prospects : Opportunity for the learner to secure a permanent position with the company, when the apprenticeship is complete.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.
The map below shows the employer's location