Job Title : IT Technician Apprentice
Location : Camberley, GU15 3SY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00522
Brief Description : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Technician Apprentice.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English. You will be educated to at least A Level standard, ideally holding a formal qualification within Computing/IT.
Vacancy Detail : This outstanding, award-winning employer is now looking for an additional team member to help look after the needs of their impressive and expanding client list. A vibrant, fast-paced technology company offering friendly and professional IT Support, Services and Solutions to businesses across Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire, they are based in modern, bright and stylish offices. Although this can be a demanding environment to work in, it is genuinely satisfying and great fun.
You will need a good mix of skills, including attention to detail, patience and a good teamwork ethic. Opportunities exist for the right candidate to build a strong relationship with a very diverse and varied user-base and get involved in a wide range of different technologies.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technician Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Reporting to the Technical Delivery Team Leader, the role will initially be divided between two key areas – Workshop Administration, and Team and Project Support. You will be trained up over a period of time to do the following tasks:
• Building laptops and desktops following a build sheet
• Testing new client equipment is working
• Removing viruses from PC’s
• Testing and labelling equipment
• Removing hard drives and parts from laptops and desktops
• Keeping the workshop and associated areas clean and tidy
• Administration of tickets and configurations in the database.
Team and Project Support
• Assisting with onsite hardware installations
• Supporting office move and migration projects
• Data cable, trunking and rack installs
• Monitoring of servers, backups and networks and resolving issues where possible
• Research of new technologies.
Some onsite visits or nights away may be required from time to time as part of your role.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Our client is a vibrant, fast-paced technology company who offer friendly and professional IT Support, Services and Solutions to businesses across Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire. Winner of the NTA Outsourcing Company of The Year 2017 award, they are based in modern, bright and stylish offices and their work is genuinely satisfying and great fun. One of the friendliest and easiest-to-understand IT support companies, they pride themselves on the quality of their team and the relationships they build with their clients. Their services include helpdesk support for cloud, PC & Mac; cyber security & GDPR provisions; networking & servers; backup; connectivity; telephony; audio/visual; office moves and bespoke website services.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Salary : £ 192.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 29/01/2021
Possible Start Date : 08/02/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. You will be able to work in fast-paced, busy environments whilst keeping a level head.
Skills Required : • Familiarity with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365 is desired.
• You will possess the ability to explain information in a professional and appropriate manner to colleagues and clients of differing levels of technical knowledge.
• Applicants must be able to quickly learn new skills in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate an interest in new technologies.
• You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills (both written & spoken) and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn with an impeccable attention to detail.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, honest & reliable with a can-do attitude and will possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
• You will have a clear and obvious interest in technology.
Future Prospects : It is expected that the successful apprentice will go on to secure a full-time role upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.
The map below shows the employer's location