Job Title : System Administrator Apprentice
Location : Camberley, GU15 3SY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00523
Brief Description : This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English. You will be educated to at least A Level standard, ideally holding a formal qualification within Computing/IT.
Vacancy Detail : This outstanding, award-winning employer is now looking for an additional team member to help look after the needs of their impressive and expanding client list. A vibrant, fast-paced technology company offering friendly and professional IT Support, Services and Solutions to businesses across Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire, they are based in modern, bright and stylish offices. Although this can be a demanding environment to work in, it is genuinely satisfying and great fun.
You will need a good mix of skills, including attention to detail, patience and a good teamwork ethic. Opportunities exist for the right candidate to build a strong relationship with a very diverse and varied user-base and get involved in a wide range of different technologies.
We are looking to recruit a System Administrator Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Reporting to the Monitoring & Maintenance Team Lead, you will be trained up over a period of time to do the following tasks:
• Monitoring of servers, backups, devices and networks and resolving issues where possible.
• Responding to alerts, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
• Creating reports to look at trends on disk space, performance, and capacity for reviews with clients.
• Managing software support lifecycle information to ensure that outdated software is reviewed and where possible replaced in a timely fashion.
• Administration of tickets and configuration information in our database.
• Setting up new services on customer devices (server management, managed backup, device management).
• As opportunities arrive, assisting with projects and installations onsite.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Our client is a vibrant, fast-paced technology company who offer friendly and professional IT Support, Services and Solutions to businesses across Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire. Winner of the NTA Outsourcing Company of The Year 2017 award, they are based in modern, bright and stylish offices and their work is genuinely satisfying and great fun. One of the friendliest and easiest-to-understand IT support companies, they pride themselves on the quality of their team and the relationships they build with their clients. Their services include helpdesk support for cloud, PC & Mac; cyber security & GDPR provisions; networking & servers; backup; connectivity; telephony; audio/visual; office moves and bespoke website services.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Salary : £ 192.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 29/01/2021
Possible Start Date : 08/02/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. You will be able to work in a busy, fast-paced environment whilst keeping a level head too.
Skills Required : • Familiarity with the Windows 10 operating system is desired, along with any familiarity with other technologies.
• You will have a general understanding of cyber security basics and protecting yourself whilst using your device or the internet.
• You will possess the ability to independently research an issue and gather the relevant information to make a decision.
• You will be able to seek support from the appropriate channels/resources where needed.
• You can explain information in a professional manner to colleagues and clients.
• Applicants must be able to quickly learn new skills in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate an interest in new technologies.
• You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills (both written & spoken) and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn with an impeccable attention to detail.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, honest & reliable with a can-do attitude and will possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
• You will have a clear and obvious interest in technology.
Future Prospects : It is expected that the successful apprentice will go on to secure a full-time role upon completion of the apprenticeship,
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.
The map below shows the employer's location