Job Title : IT Technician Apprentice
Location : Calne, Wilshire, SN11 8YH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00526
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Qualifications Required : • To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : Job Specification
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Technician Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technician Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team.
• Learning how to provide technical support.
• Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
• Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
• Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors we partner with, to deliver IT support services to our clients.
• Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails.
• Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
• Working on resolving the first line support where capable, and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary.
• Updating company systems.
• Helping in all aspects of IT support within the school, helping manage the school’s internal IT network, helping maintain and repair the school’s IT assets, installing new software and helping move IT assets around school as and when required.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Founded in 2008, our client takes a unique approach to ICT in schools. To achieve what a school needs from their ICT services, optimising each of the components in the chain is critical to delivering an infrastructure that is fast and reliable. Our client achieves this by offering best value and sustainability, therefore lowering costs; delivering efficient and friendly support and customer service; giving the best value advice off the back of expert recommendations and guidance in order to develop their customers’ IT; providing solutions tailored to their customers’ needs and delivering optimal performance.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Salary : £ 155.62 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 29/01/2021
Possible Start Date : 08/02/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : • You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be reliable, honest, willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
• Due to some heavy lifting being involved, applicants will need to be fit & healthy
• A natural interest in technology is mandatory!
Future Prospects : There will be the opportunity to progress to a senior role.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Other Information : Location = Calne, SN11
Working Hours = 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday between 8.30am – 5.30pm
Wage = £155.62 per week
We process all applications received and contact candidates ASAP so please keep an eye out for a phone call from one of our team on an 02392 number. If you miss a call, we will send you an email.
The map below shows the employer's location