Job Title : Technical Apprentice
Location : Washington, West Sussex, RH20 3GR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00528
Brief Description : This is an exciting opportunity to join our client’s Technical Operations Team within a dynamic technology business, as they move into the next phase of high growth.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : As a Technical Apprentice, you will gain an excellent development opportunity to train in networking, applications and communications technology, in a team which is delivering an industry leading standard of customer service.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technical Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Working with customers to understand and log technical issues and then working alongside the team of technical specialists to resolve these issues and provide the company’s customers with the support they need to implement and support their technology.
• Developing networking, applications and communications technology skills with the long term goal of becoming a junior support specialist.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
About the Company
Based in their brand-new, purpose-built office in Washington, West Sussex, our client’s technical support team deliver cloud platforms, resolve customer issues, provide technical training, onboard new resellers, test new products and assist with installations.
Our client is a fast growing and multi award-winning technology company. (Think innovative tech and must-have products.) Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of their close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of flexible benefits.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Salary : £ 10,600.00 (Per Year)
Application Deadline Date : 29/01/2021
Possible Start Date : 08/02/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a pragmatic, bright and enthusiastic individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : • You’ll be a team player, be career minded and have great interpersonal skills
• Any previous IT or networking skills will be an advantage, as would previous experience in a customer service position
• You’ll have a passion for technology and great customer service
• You’ll be passionate and driven, with a sense of humour
• You’ll be analytical and interested in technology, and keen to learn and develop skills
• You are proactive and hardworking in your approach to tasks
• You’ll be able to communicate well across all levels
• You must have good organisational skills, multi-tasking ability and will be able to work under pressure
• You’ll have brilliant customer service skills
• Own transport is essential due to the rural location of our premises.
Future Prospects : Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, you will achieve Microsoft accredited qualifications.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.
The map below shows the employer's location