Job Title : Technical Sales Apprenticeship
Location : Leicester, LE67 9RF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : IT Technical Salesperson (Level 3)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00552
Brief Description : Do you have an interest in sales and technology? Want to combine the two and earn while you learn?
If you are an enthusiastic individual with previous experience in a sales, retail or hospitality environment, we are looking for you to become a part of this team.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have:
GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) or above in Maths and English
A strong interest in IT
Previous sales, telesales or customer service experience would be beneficial but not essential
Vacancy Detail : About the Company
Our client is a provider of Managed Technology Services. Their partnerships with global technology brands allow them to provide bespoke solutions for organisations of all sizes. Through a combination of hardware and software solutions, they resolve complex business issues.
As part of their continued growth, our client is expanding its sales team and are currently recruiting for a talented individual who can help grow and develop the company’s client base, whilst learning new sales techniques in the process.
The company are offering a starting salary of £8,250 with the ability to earn up to £16,000 during the apprenticeship, based on performance.
On completion of the Technical Sales Apprenticeship you will progress to Business Development Executive.
A Business Development Executive is responsible for lead development by contacting known target companies via telemarketing and researching new prospects for the Sales team to action. Whilst primarily dealing with new business, support in developing customers and research into customer satisfaction, perception will also form an important part of the role. The role will be based around a central database with a goal of generating new opportunities. The ability to develop contacts and opportunities through phone calls will be a major part of the role.
- Develop lead opportunities by contacting known targets, qualifying these accounts and collecting information that includes names, titles, addresses, phone numbers, email, opt-ins, related activity, budget and competitive information
- To make outbound calls to obtain qualified leads, raise status to trusted advisor and develop opportunities for your sales team assisting in generating new business opportunities
- To support sales team in calendar management, company introductions and itinerary preparation
- To follow up marketing campaigns and events to generate new prospect leads by telephone, identifying and qualifying opportunities for new business
- To attend sales meetings and to meet key performance indicators
- Customer research to understand levels of satisfaction and perceptions of the Company, its products and services
- To build effective relationships with potential clients by use of appropriate questioning, clarification and empathy
- To understand and speak enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues
- Remain focused and work within agreed time constraints whilst managing goals and objectives of multiple projects at the same time
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start to your professional career within the IT industry.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
Salary : Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date : 26/11/2021
Possible Start Date : 29/11/2021
Personal Qualities : • Organisation – we will support you to be an organised Sales Professional.
• Time Management – the ability to use your judgement in prioritising key tasks is essential.
• Confidence – you will be required to build rapport with prospective clients on the telephone.
• Communication – must possess strong listening skills with the ability to identify problems at an early stage.
Skills Required : In addition, you will need:
- An ability to communicate in a professional, friendly way, to listen to problems and situations
- Numerate and literate with the ability to create accurate, prospecting emails
- A good understanding of IT
- Happy to frequently use the telephone as the main means of communication
- Ability to network with new company contacts, business partners, customers, and other employees
- Ability to work flexibly in support of campaigns and call activity, to meet the needs of the business
- The ability to build and develop strong business relationships internally and most importantly externally
- The ability to work as part of a talented team and use own initiative
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, growing environment
Future Prospects : A full time permanent position is available on completion
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
This module provides learners with an understanding of the various concepts involved in the sales process.
• Principles and ethics of sales
• Delivering value to the customer
• Sales life cycle
• Sales techniques and processes
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of the fundamentals of computer systems
• Basic elements and architecture of computer systems
• Principles of secure coding
• Data storage
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of sales techniques.
• Negotiating sales
• Handling objections
• Closing Sales
This module provides learners with an understanding of the wider business context as related to sales.
• Business systems life cycle
• Business strategy
• The role of IT within a business
• Organisational procedures
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
This module will prove that you understand cloudconcepts; core Microsoft 365 services and concepts;
security, compliance, privacy and trust in Microsoft365; and Microsoft 365 pricing and support.
• Understand cloud concepts
• Understand core Microsoft 365 services and concepts
• Understand security compliance, privacy and trust in Microsoft 365
• Understand Microsoft 365pricing and support
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of the various methods and techniques of communications used in the business context
• Unified communications
• Cultural awareness
• Interpersonal skills
• Written communications
The map below shows the employer's location