Job Title : Data Technician Apprentice
Location : Port Solent, PO6 4TY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Data Technician - L3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00574
Brief Description : A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an analytical, outgoing, intelligent and ambitious person to work as a Data Technician Apprentice in a dynamic, growing organisation.
We are recruiting for an analytically minded individual to tactfully work with our data to analyse, manipulate and produce reports for our organisation.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a C/4 grade in GCSE English, and a B/5 grade in GCSE Maths. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT/data.
Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree).
Vacancy Detail : The key role for the DTA (Data Technician Apprentice) is to ensure that data held and systems used by the business are secure and meet the current Government legislation. In addition, the DTA will work with the Management Information Systems (MIS) Manager to maintain the systems used by the business, as well as assist with supporting other business departments on demand as required.
As a Data Technician Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will include:
• Providing internal support on systems, including building and maintaining SharePoint sites.
• Assisting with the maintenance of O365 accounts, including the creation of new accounts and managing licenses.
• Working alongside the MIS manager monitoring internal and external dataflow, ensuring compliance with GDPR at all times.
• Assist with supporting other business departments on demand as required.
• Ensuring that colleagues have appropriate hardware to complete their job, as well as general equipment management.
• Supporting with external audits from MIS and data point of view.
• Working with external partners to ensure data and equipment security.
• Supporting with business administration activities by writing and reviewing policies, contracts, and contract applications. This must be completed in line with current legislation while ensuring high quality and detail.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Intequal is fully committed to the modern apprenticeship and operates within that field. Our business developers sell the benefits of apprenticeships to client companies. The recruitment resourcing team recruits suitable apprentices for the clients and hand over to the training delivery team who provide the virtual classroom training element of the apprenticeship.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Salary : £ 172.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 26/11/2021
Possible Start Date : 06/12/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : • Manage your own time to meet deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations.
• Work independently and take responsibility.
• Use your own initiative.
• Thorough and organised approach to tasks.
• Work with a range of internal and external customers.
• Highly organized and will have brilliant communication skills.
• Willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• Work well as part of a team.
• Reliable, logical, analytical and have excellent attention to detail.
Future Prospects : There is an opportunity for the role to transition into that of a Data Analyst, providing effective management information for improved decision-making by senior teams.
Training to be Provided : The Data Technician apprenticeship equips individuals with the ability to source, format and present data securely for analysis using basic methods. Apprentices will learn to analyse structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes, blend data from multiple sources and communicate outcomes appropriately to their audience.
This apprenticeship provides the skills and knowledge they need to interact with a wide range of stakeholders and to apply legal and ethical principles when manipulating data. A Data Technician apprentice will be responsible for collecting and processing data under the guidance of a senior colleague or multiple colleagues across the business. The modules you will be studying include: Data Gathering Level 3, Data Analysis & Validation, Approach to work and Distribution & Dissemination.
Other Information : Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration when we review your application, in line with our safeguarding practices.
The map below shows the employer's location