Job Title : Technical Sales Apprentice
Location : Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6UU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : IT Technical Salesperson (Level 3)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00630
Brief Description : An exciting position has become available for an ambitious, motivated and confident individual looking to develop or kick start their career in an IT Outbound Sales role.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C/4 grade for both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree).
Vacancy Detail : Our client is a Managed Service Provider, with their main focus being on Hardware, Software Development, Virtualisation, Hosted Services, Hosted Microsoft products, Telecommunications, DR Solutions, Cyber/Data Security and Systems Maintenance.
• Work with customers to obtain feedback for business, product and software development
• Identify new business opportunities through lead generation and where the client can benefit from up selling and cross selling
• Follow up with leads generated
• Make outbound calls to customers using a mixture of warm and cold leads
• Quickly gain knowledge of all products and services in the company’s portfolio
• Book appointments and consultation meetings for the BDM
• Attend appointments, meetings and exhibitions with senior members of staff
• General understanding of the IT industry and keep up with trends and innovative products
• Attend trade exhibitions and industry events to exhibit company and develop business
• Manage workload to organise and prioritise daily and weekly targets
• Promote the company through social media, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start to your professional career within the IT industry.
About the Company
Our client is a Managed Service Provider, with their main focus being on Hardware, Software Development, Virtualisation, Hosted Services, Hosted Microsoft products, Telecommunications, DR Solutions, Cyber/Data Security and Systems Maintenance.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Salary : £ 161.25 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 25/06/2021
Possible Start Date : 05/07/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within technology. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : • Confident, outgoing, well-spoken verbally and in written word.
• Must be passionate, driven and have desire to succeed in Sales.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Resilience and ability to work under pressure.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Proficiencies in job related computer skills including MS Office.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent administrative skills.
• Ambition and self-motivation.
Future Prospects : With their continuous growth they are keen to recruit a new member of staff on an apprenticeship programme, with the hope to then move onto a full-time role upon completion.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including MTA Cloud Fundamentals and MTA Network Fundamentals, these are globally recognised certifications, you will also gain a City and Guilds Diploma in Coding and logic and mobile and operating systems. This will also extend to business processes and project management.
Other Information : Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration when we review your application, in line with our safeguarding practices.
The map below shows the employer's location