Job Title : IT Telecoms Apprentice
Location : Hayling Island, PO11 9JT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : L3 Information Communication Technician (Support Technician)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00651
Brief Description : We are looking to recruit an IT and Telecoms Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT and Telecoms Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
There are two aspects to this role – On site work and desktop support.
Working with and supervised by the existing engineering team, the successful applicant will be a physical presence at the customer’s premises, wearing branded work clothing, to carry out the following:
1. Commissioning broadband circuits at customers’ premises including:
a) Direct fibre circuits
b) FTTP/FTTC and ADSL
c) Router deployment and configuration
d) Fault diagnosis and rectification
2. Deployment and commissioning the hosted telephone system
a) Installing/Configuring L2 managed network switches including:
b) Voice VLAN
3. Deploying telephone equipment on desks and integrating, as required, with other desktop equipment (PCs, printers etc.)
a) User training
b) e-snagging, fault diagnosis and rectification. This will include making repairs to structured wiring
4. Deployment and commissioning of WiFi systems including:
a) Wireless surveys
b) AP deployment and installation
c) De-snagging, fault diagnosis and rectification. This will include making repairs to structured wiring
When not deployed in the field, the engineer will be required to be home-based to provide online and telephone technical support to customers.
During the apprenticeship the employer expects the apprentice to:
1. Become familiar/certified with relevant H&S regulations, including:
a) working at height
b) working with mains electricity
c) building regulations
2. Build up a collection of appropriate tools necessary to install/make repairs to structured wiring (Cat5/Cat6) and to mount equipment (i.e. wireless access points), which the employer will fund
3. Become certified with one of the major network equipment manufacturers to work on L2 managed network equipment (i.e. certified CCNA or equivalent)
4. Engage in all additional internal training via external vendors
5. Complete all aspects of the apprenticeship.
About the Company
A provider of IT and communications solutions for businesses, their services include hosted communications such as lines and calls, inbound numbers, Sim only and hosted mobile; connectivity and installation services including WIFI and ultra-fast full fibre broadband; IT support services, SME start up packages, Office 365 & Microsoft Teams provision and ISDN replacement.
A full-time position is available upon successful completion of the apprenticeship and in-house training. The employer will also pay for the apprentice to do additional industry recognised vendor certifications.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Salary : £ 200.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 26/11/2021
Possible Start Date : 06/12/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic, tenacious, hardworking and loyal individual with a genuine desire to learn and who is driven to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : • Due to frequent travel to client sites, a full driving licence and vehicle is required
• You will be highly organised with efficient time management and excellent communication skills
• You will be proactive, willing to work hard, eager to learn and have a can-do attitude
• You will be adaptable with the ability to multitask
• You will be highly inquisitive, with great problem-solving skills
• You will be able to remain calm under pressure and possess the ability to show empathy
• You will have superb IT skills and a base knowledge of hardware & software.
Future Prospects : A full-time position is available upon successful completion of the apprenticeship and in-house training. The employer will also pay for the apprentice to do additional industry recognised vendor certifications.
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Other Information : Location - Hayling Island, PO11 with frequent travel to client sites
Working Hours: 40 hours per week worked Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm (You may be required to work outside of these hours due to customer demands, but you’ll get time back in lieu.)
Wage = £200 per week
The map below shows the employer's location