Job Title : CAD & IT Support Apprentice
Location : Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 7RH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : L3 Information Communication Technician (Support Technician)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00701
Brief Description : Do you have good knowledge of CAD and IT? Do you enjoy problem solving and have great customer service skills?
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as a CAD & IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
About the Company
Our client was established in 1996 to provide CAD software, support and training to the growing UK CAD market. By 1998, they had exclusive European rights to Caddie and in 2001 they purchased the Caddie software outright and have developed it ever since.
The success of Caddie is based not only on the software itself, but also on the support and backup offered by the company.
We are looking to recruit a CAD & IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As an Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will include:
• Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team
• Learning how to provide technical support
• Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilise the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship
• Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails
• Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales
• Working on resolving the first line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary
As you gain more knowledge and skills, your role and responsibilities will include:
• Provide 1st and 2nd line support for Caddie CAD software.
• Provide training to clients at introductory and advanced level in 2D drafting, 3D modelling and photo realistic rendering with the addition of basic instruction on the Windows Operating systems, as employed when using the Caddie software program.
• Build, ‘ship’ and assist clients with installation and licensing of software.
• Update help files, training manuals and user documentation as system functionality changes and new features are implemented.
• Create icons and other graphic images required as new features are implemented within the software, and any materials that may be required in conjunction with the publication or promotion of details appertaining to Caddie software or the company products and services.
• Update and maintain web-based FAQs, and posting and monitoring articles relating to support and training issues on social media and websites
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5.30 PM (30 minutes for lunch)
Salary : Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date : 07/01/2022
Possible Start Date : 10/01/2022
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : Skills & Attributes:
• A general knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD.
• An understanding of architecture and building methods.
• A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• An understanding of Intel based hardware.
• A working knowledge of the installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows operating systems.
• Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team completing shared tasks.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good organisational skills.
• Able to take ownership of own role and develop new relationships
This is an office-based role however there may be the requirement for occasional travel to client sites, user meetings or other events in the UK and Ireland. Holder of a full UK driving licence would be an advantage or an intent to pursue this.
Future Prospects : A permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
The map below shows the employer's location