Job Title : Technical Sales Apprentice
Location : Stockport, Cheshire, SK1 3EY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : IT Technical Salesperson (Level 3)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00717
Brief Description : Do you have an interest in sales and technology? Do you want to combine the two and earn while you learn?
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a Technical Sales Apprentice and join a vibrant, team based in Stockport!
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C/4 grade for both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree).
Vacancy Detail : We are currently recruiting for a talented individual who can help grow and develop a company’s client base, whilst learning new sales techniques in the process.
As a Technical Sales Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will include:
You will be involved in providing support in multiple capacities for the sales department. You will be working as an integral part of a team, in which you will have responsibility for some of the key elements of the organisation’s overall sales and marketing plans and campaigns.
The Sales Admin role will be working within their existing Private Sector sales team who sell ID and Access Card related products and services. The business offers a substantial step programme to move up in sales or admin with their most recent apprentice winning apprentice of the year.
Main roles and responsibilities to include:
• Answering the Sales lines, diverting to correct person/department.
• Monitoring sales enquiries, responding to customers, dealing with any orders.
• Making follow up outbound calls over time to new and existing customers to help with any queries.
• Creating quotations on word documents and sending them to customers.
• To use Sage CRM effectively throughout the day
• Assist sales staff with general admin, updating contact details, inputting companies on the system, run reports using CRM.
• Sending samples out to clients on behalf of sales staff
• Research into potential clients, getting relevant information
• Creating/using spreadsheets
About the company:
Since day 1, The company set out a clear goal to become the UK’s largest ID card company offering a complete service. They don’t sell products, They solve problems and have been helping their customers businesses and their employees stay secure for over 25 years. They provide a range of products and services such as plastic ID card printing , ID card printers and Lanyards tailored to meet the requirements of our customers.
Over this time period they have built up a loyal base of over 20,000 unique customers and have shipped their products to over 100 countries worldwide.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday
Salary : £ 175.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 07/02/2022
Possible Start Date : 10/02/2022
Personal Qualities : • You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
• You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills
• Experience within a customer service, administration or sales role is preferred but not essential
• You will be highly organised
• Organisational skills
• Communication skills
• IT skills
Skills Required : • Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results
• Excellent time management skills
• Outstanding organisational skills, attention to detail
• Work as a team player whilst being able to work on set individual performance goals and KPIs
• Excellent communication and literacy skills
• A thinker and doer
• Proactive approach to workload and new ideas.
Future Prospects : On completion of the apprenticeship and subject to overall performance and business requirements, the apprentice will be offered a full-time job with a pay rise in line with this. Our client is a fast growing business and can provide fantastic career opportunities.
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
This module provides learners with an understanding of the various concepts involved in the sales process.
• Principles and ethics of sales
• Delivering value to the customer
• Sales life cycle
• Sales techniques and processes
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of the fundamentals of computer systems
• Basic elements and architecture of computer systems
• Principles of secure coding
• Data storage
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of sales techniques.
• Negotiating sales
• Handling objections
• Closing Sales
This module provides learners with an understanding of the wider business context as related to sales.
• Business systems life cycle
• Business strategy
• The role of IT within a business
• Organisational procedures
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
This module will prove that you understand cloudconcepts; core Microsoft 365 services and concepts;
security, compliance, privacy and trust in Microsoft365; and Microsoft 365 pricing and support.
• Understand cloud concepts
• Understand core Microsoft 365 services and concepts
• Understand security compliance, privacy and trust in Microsoft 365
• Understand Microsoft 365pricing and support
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of the various methods and techniques of communications used in the business context
• Unified communications
• Cultural awareness
• Interpersonal skills
• Written communications
The map below shows the employer's location