Job Title : Tech Sales Apprentice
Location : Norfolk, NR26 8EG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : IT Technical Salesperson (Level 3)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00722
Brief Description : Do you have an interest in sales and technology? Want to combine the two and earn while you learn?
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C/4 grade for both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
The following are desirable skills but not essential:
• previous experience in a computer repair and maintenance setting
• knowledge of working with
o Kaseya BMS
o Continuum Command and/or Fortify
o Sentinel One
o Social Media
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a Technical Sales Apprentice and join a vibrant, team focused technology company.
About the Company
Our client, based in North Norfolk provides IT support, specialising in small business support. They offer an holistic approach to cyber security, from detecting threats to protection, detection, responding and recovering data.
We are currently recruiting for a talented individual who can help grow and develop the company’s client base, whilst learning new sales techniques in the process.
As a Technical Sales Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will include:
• Conducting customer needs analysis and presenting the customer with possible solutions
• Understanding a product’s functionality and possible problems and figuring out a way to handle them
• Determining the best products to meet the requirements of a customer
• Assisting the workshop department carrying out repairs as needed
• Providing technical expertise on products and/or service
• Taking part in exhibitions, conventions, and other events to help in the sale of products and/or services
• Have in-depth technical knowledge about the products, their working and their pros and cons
• Sending technical specification to potential buyers along with the sales quotes
• Revising and improving technical manuals
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start to your professional career within the IT industry.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
Salary : £ 185.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 22/10/2021
Possible Start Date : 25/10/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within technology. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : • Aspire to have thorough knowledge about the different products and their working
• Be able to multi-task
• Be good in written and spoken communication
• Be able to translate technical jargon so that laypeople can understand it
• Be well organised
• Have business acumen
• Be able to work under pressure
• Be good in promotion and sales
• Be able to make efficient demos within a specific period
• Be able to focus and pay attention to detail
• Be customer-oriented
• Be friendly and approachable
Future Prospects : A permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
This module provides learners with an understanding of the various concepts involved in the sales process.
• Principles and ethics of sales
• Delivering value to the customer
• Sales life cycle
• Sales techniques and processes
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of the fundamentals of computer systems
• Basic elements and architecture of computer systems
• Principles of secure coding
• Data storage
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of sales techniques.
• Negotiating sales
• Handling objections
• Closing Sales
This module provides learners with an understanding of the wider business context as related to sales.
• Business systems life cycle
• Business strategy
• The role of IT within a business
• Organisational procedures
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
This module will prove that you understand cloudconcepts; core Microsoft 365 services and concepts;
security, compliance, privacy and trust in Microsoft365; and Microsoft 365 pricing and support.
• Understand cloud concepts
• Understand core Microsoft 365 services and concepts
• Understand security compliance, privacy and trust in Microsoft 365
• Understand Microsoft 365pricing and support
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of the various methods and techniques of communications used in the business context
• Unified communications
• Cultural awareness
• Interpersonal skills
• Written communications
The map below shows the employer's location