Job Title : Sales Apprentice
Location : Pocklington, North Yorkshire, YO42 1NS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : IT Technical Salesperson (Level 3)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00729
Brief Description : At Phoenix, their philosophy is simple – they aim to be the UK’s leading IT solution and service provider, with a forward-thinking approach and a friendly atmosphere.
Working for them, you’ll be given the support you need to get things done and deliver the best end-to-end experience for clients.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C/4 grade for both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : You’ll be inspired by their successes, recognised for your contribution to them, and constantly challenged to try something new. At Phoenix, you’ll thrive.
Their mission statement: ‘We empower and inspire our people to fulfil their potential, so they can help our customers make smarter buying decisions and meet their business objectives through technology.’
Intequal are currently recruiting on behalf of Phoenix for talented individuals who can help grow and develop the company’s client base, whilst learning new sales techniques in the process.
As a Technical Sales Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will be:
• To attend the Technical Salesperson Apprenticeship training sessions and complete all associated assignments and activities.
• To increase the numbers of trading customers.
• To market all relevant products and service offerings.
• To proactively uncover, understand and record prospective clients’ key projects and initiatives.
• To ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are met, these will be defined by your manager.
• To liaise with other departments to make sure client requests are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
• To achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction throughout the Phoenix sales lifecycle
• To respond to all requests to a high standard and in a timely manner.
• To maintain appropriate customer records on the Phoenix sales order processing system.
Examples of the first year’s performance include:
• Attendance to all apprenticeship training
• Bringing on a minimum of 12 new customers over the first 12 months
• Completing the Microsoft 365 Fundamentals exam
• Get licensing ready by completing all relevant training
• Customer meetings/calls:
o 3-6 months: 1 per week
o 6-9 months: 6 per month
o 9-12 months: 8 per month.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start to your professional career within the IT industry.
About the Company
According to colleagues, what makes Phoenix Software a great place to work is their Team Phoenix. From getting to know clients and understanding their needs, to enabling users and their organisations to do more with less – people are always at the heart of what they do. They’re proud of the individuals that they work with and are committed to helping each of them to reach their full potential. They encourage. They develop. They challenge. They support.
If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to work, apply now to release your potential.
Just a few of the reasons why Phoenix is a great place to work:
• Fantastic work/life balance with specific, measured procedures put in place to support you and your wellbeing and prevent burnout
• A fully paid wellbeing hour in addition to that day’s breaks every month to spend outside of work doing whatever makes you happy
• Progression opportunities at every level from entry to senior management
• As a socially responsible employer, they frequently hold charity fundraising events and offer all employees an optional fully paid volunteering day per annum
• Outstanding staff retention rates with a significant number of their employees with them for more than 15 years of their 30 years in business
• £100 support package for your home working set up
• Fully-funded training programmes to help you to grow and progress via eLearning and in their high-tech training suite
• On-site leisure facilities, plus company activities and team sports for you to join. They are also adjacent to a well-equipped local gym facility, offering preferential rates to Phoenix employees
• A whole host of team perks, such as seasonal parties, team nights out, trips abroad, and regular incentives
• Free parking on-site in their spacious car parks with electric car charging points available on-site
• A modern office environment enhanced by a beautiful rural location and a 2019 project with £1 million invested into the buildings to create an inspirational working environment.
They believe in tangible results that prove their commitment to creating a safe and supportive working environment for every member of Team Phoenix. That’s why they have several employee networks set up to ensure that when they pledge to make Phoenix a diverse and inclusive workplace, they can be sure that they are really making a difference.
By giving their workforce a voice and implementing changes directly from those that they affect, they can guarantee that they’re making a difference where it really matters. Diversity & inclusion, mental health, charities and sustainability are always on their mind.
As the UK’s leading 100% Public Sector focused IT solution and service provider, they will continue to deliver the outcomes their clients want and need, while adhering to their core values.
Positions Available : 10
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Salary : £ 14,000.00 to £ 18,000.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 24/09/2021
Possible Start Date : 04/10/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within technology. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide fantastic customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : • You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will have a desire to succeed.
• You will have a passion for learning.
• You will possess a willingness to try new things and the ability to recover from failure/setbacks.
• You will be committed to seeing jobs through to successful conclusions.
• You will be a strong team player and have a brilliant work ethic.
• An interest in sales and technology is mandatory.
Future Prospects : A Sales Executive role upon completion of the apprenticeship is on offer, with earnings of £25k upwards. Following this, the potential career path could see successful apprentices going on to become Senior Sales Executives after 3 years, and Major Account Managers after 4 years.
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
This module provides learners with an understanding of the various concepts involved in the sales process.
• Principles and ethics of sales
• Delivering value to the customer
• Sales life cycle
• Sales techniques and processes
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of the fundamentals of computer systems
• Basic elements and architecture of computer systems
• Principles of secure coding
• Data storage
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of sales techniques.
• Negotiating sales
• Handling objections
• Closing Sales
This module provides learners with an understanding of the wider business context as related to sales.
• Business systems life cycle
• Business strategy
• The role of IT within a business
• Organisational procedures
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
This module will prove that you understand cloudconcepts; core Microsoft 365 services and concepts;
security, compliance, privacy and trust in Microsoft365; and Microsoft 365 pricing and support.
• Understand cloud concepts
• Understand core Microsoft 365 services and concepts
• Understand security compliance, privacy and trust in Microsoft 365
• Understand Microsoft 365pricing and support
This module provides learners with a practical understanding of the various methods and techniques of communications used in the business context
• Unified communications
• Cultural awareness
• Interpersonal skills
• Written communications
Other Information : Location: Pocklington, YO42
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Wage: Between £14-18k per annum (depending upon experience) and the opportunity to earn £4000 in bonuses
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days annual leave per year, plus Bank Holidays.
Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration when we review your application, in line with our safeguarding practices.
The map below shows the employer's location