Job Title : Software Developer Apprentice
Location : Manchester, M22 5LB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Software Development Technician (Level 3)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00736
Brief Description : We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious apprentice to forge a career for themselves in software development.
Our client, based in Manchester offer support to their customers by handling all their claim needs as a legal marketing company.
Qualifications Required : • 5 A*-C (9-4) GCSEs or Equivalent
Vacancy Detail : Do you have a passion for IT and software? Do you enjoy building apps, constructing websites or using code? Then this might just be the perfect position for you to kickstart your career!
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with a keen eye for detail and a positive attitude. Someone who is keen to show their contribution can help the team to improve still further.
We also appreciate employees who offer suggestions towards further improvement and personal development in every role. We are an expanding legal marketing company and there are always internal opportunities for future employment for the right candidates.
What will you be doing?
In this position, you'll play a key role in developing and expanding our customer facing products.
In this role you will be provided with formal training in PHP and related technologies as well as endless on the job learning.
Your day-to-day tasks will typically involve the following:
• Writing, testing, maintaining the code that supports our products.
• Expanding your knowledge in developer platforms, programming languages and frameworks.
• Supporting lead developers with key tasks or projects that align to our business’ needs.
What skills and experience do you need to have?
We're interested in hearing from candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Passionate about developing a successful career in software development.
• Experience working with programming languages and developer platforms - either within education, work experience or through personal interests/hobbies.
• Confident, good communication skills and able to build and maintain strong relationships.
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environments
• Proactive, with the ability to quickly learn new skills.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start to your professional career within the IT industry.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday
Salary : £ 9,000.00 to £ 10,000.00 (Monthly)
Application Deadline Date : 25/09/2021
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2021
Personal Qualities : • Good IT skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel and Google Sheets
• Computer literate
• Good literacy and writing skills
• Creative flair and able to use own initiative
Skills Required : • Comfortable with using initiative to solve problems using technology
Future Prospects : A full time permanent role and genuine progression for the right candidate when the apprenticeship is completed.
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
Computer Programming 101
Delve deep into modern programming in its various forms.
Explore desktop, web and mobile app development along with concepts such as machine learning and AI.
Gain a practical understanding of databases including design, queries, administration and maintenance.
Development Methodologies & Testing
Explore the major development methodologies such as agile and waterfall and testing techniques to understand how to develop quality software as a team.
Understand the business context in relation to software development
The map below shows the employer's location