Job Title : 1st Line Tech Support Apprentice
Location : Kidderminster, DY10 1HU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : L3 Information Communication Technician (Support Technician)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00746
Brief Description : Do you want to be the next big thing in IT? Would you like the opportunity to join a progressive, established and well-respected IT business who takes its staff welfare seriously?
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as a 1st Line Tech Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
About the Company
Our client, based in Kidderminster was established in 1979. They are a total IT support solutions provider, offering IT services specific to individual business requirements and are a leading provider of Microsoft and Pegasus Opera 3 business software.
We are looking to recruit a 1st Line Tech Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• 1st Line support.
• Support of Windows Server 2008, 2011 and SBS 2008 and 2011, plus ancillary products such as Backup Exec, Microsoft Backup, Trend, Sophos, McAfee plus our own-branded Managed Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and Email Archiving services.
• Infrastructure set up and maintenance.
• Server management.
• Regular checks throughout the day of Support Mail and Support System for new jobs and either resolution of reported issues or escalation to the team.
• Assisting with the in-house preparation and configuration of Workstations, Printers/Scanners/MFPs, UPSs, Switches, Firewalls and Routers etc. prior to onward installation of these by the installation team (File Servers and Server-related equipment is prepared by the systems engineers prior to installation).
• Assisting with in-house repairs of equipment.
• Ensuring loan equipment is ready for ‘next use’ i.e. re-configured after use back to its original condition.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday
Salary : £ 12,500.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 22/10/2021
Possible Start Date : 25/10/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : You must have:
• Good communication skills
• A keen interest in IT
• An enthusiasm for learning and working in a team environment
• A passion for providing excellent customer service
• Must associate themselves with the following values:
Respect - Integrity - Commitment - Together - Verve
Future Prospects : A permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
The map below shows the employer's location