Job Title : Marketing and Events Apprentice
Location : Winchester, SO23 7ER
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Digital Marketing Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00779
Brief Description : Our employer’s company is expanding and has an opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join the team. This exciting and varied role will be based from the office in Winchester to assist with the company’s marketing and events activity.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you ideally would hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects. You would look to have gained a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in Business Studies, Media or Marketing.
Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree).
Vacancy Detail : The role will focus primarily on digital marketing, managing the company’s social media presence and also co-ordinating events that the company attend and organise. You will work with the Marketing Lead and Marketing Director. Managing your own time effectively and communicating with suppliers, customers and colleagues is key to being successful in this position.
As a Marketing & Events Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will include:
• Working independently and as part of a team
• Providing support to the marketing and events team
• Being involved with the company’s social media presence
• Preparing draft marketing reports
• Monitoring competitor’s marketing activity
• Helping to organise events.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the marketing sector.
About the Company
Our employer is a family company, based in Winchester, Hampshire. The company was founded in 2009 and over the past 10 years the original team of two has grown to more than 30 in 2019. They create beautiful tools for schools, helping staff and students to achieve more and they have developed a very popular piece of library software for use in schools - Librarian.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours per week
Salary : £ 198.75 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 26/11/2021
Possible Start Date : 06/12/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : A desire to impress colleagues and customers
• Using initiative to deliver impressive results
• Eagerness to learn and develop skills
• Flexibility, creativity and adaptability
• Excellent communication skills
• Friendly, confident, smart and personable
• Enthusiastic, tenacious and hardworking
• An aptitude for marketing
• Experience of Adobe Photoshop is desirable
• Ability to work within a team
• Outstanding attention to detail.
Future Prospects : Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you'll receive recognised qualifications, giving you a fantastic start to your career in the field of marketing!
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
Develop an understanding of the range of digital marketing principles, strategies and techniques.
• Customer engagement and market segmentation
• Customer lifecycle
• Digital and Social Media Strategies
• Exploiting real-time information
• Digital marketing campaigns
Digital Marketing Business Principles
Develop an understanding of search marketing, search engine optimisation and Pay-Per-Click, email marketing, web analytics and metrics, mobile apps and how these can work together.
• Security levels necessary to protect data
• Digital etiquette
• Customer Relationship Management systems
• Understand the differences between all the major digital and social media platforms
• Plan digital content based on audience needs
• How a digital marketing team works in a business environment
Principles of Coding
Develop knowledge in the range of concepts, approaches, software languages and techniques that are applicable to Principles of Coding.
• Compatibility of code on different platforms
• Components involved in web development
• Hosting and serving
• Search Engines
• How local (cookies) or session data storage is utilised
Google Analytics IQ
Develop knowledge to be proficient in Google Analytics and be effective at leveraging Google Analytics within their organisations.
• Layout, reporting, campaign and conversion tracking
• Data collection, setup and configuration
• Analysis tools and techniques
• Advanced marketing tool
Other Information : A DBS check will be carried out on the successful applicant.
Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration when we review your application, in line with our safeguarding practices.
The map below shows the employer's location