Job Title : 1st Line Support Apprentice
Location : Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 1TL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : L3 Information Communication Technician (Support Technician)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00781
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for technology? want to earn while you learn? if so, this could be the perfect apprenticeship for you!
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : Intequal are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company based in Leicester as an IT Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT!
About the Company
Our client, based in Leicester With over 15 years experience designing, installing and supporting business IT systems, are a mature, established and trusted technology partner.
They have comprehensive experience in IT, Cloud, Communications and Security they are the perfect partner for technology needs. They provide a complete Managed Solution from initial consultation and advice to design, implementation and support.
We are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
• Using company provided ticket management system to log customer issues and keep track of work
• Taking calls from customers and responding to customers regarding ICT issues and requests.
• Using company supplied tools and procedures to troubleshoot issues.
• Ensuring hardware and software specs are in line with requirements when setting up new hardware.
• Installing and configuring Anti-Virus Software. Ensuring password resets are in line with company processes. Following company processes for setting up new user accounts (e.g. no local admin)
• Following defined company processes and policies to resolve issues.
• Using industry recognised tools and processes for testing hardware, software and cabling e.g. Fluke Testing.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday
Salary : £ 172.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 12/11/2021
Possible Start Date : 15/11/2021
Personal Qualities : Passionate about IT
Strong attention to detail
Dedicated/ works with initiative
Keen to learn
Skills Required : • You will be highly organised with excellent communication skills
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn
• You will be adaptable with the ability to multitask
• You will have superb IT skills and a base knowledge of hardware & software
Future Prospects : A permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
The map below shows the employer's location