Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Location : Coventry,, CV1 2TT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : L3 Information Communication Technician (Support Technician)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00795
Brief Description : We are looking to recruit an IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn, to be involved in providing first line and telephony support to a varied client base.
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree)
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
About the Company
Our client was established in 2002 and provides wireless expertise across educational, industrial, enterprise, hospitality and agricultural markets. They are a systems integrator that leverage wireless technology to provide real time control systems for demanding applications and standalone solutions from indoor Wi-Fi to outdoor symmetrical multi-Gigabit point-to-point links. They work flexibly with their customers to fulfil requirements, from running a cable to the specification, design, implementation and support of bespoke control systems.
As an IT Support Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Providing first line support for Wireless & Telephony systems
• Answering the phone and providing excellent customer service and care in a professional and effective manner
• Providing remote support, advice and guidance to the customer
• Carrying out fault diagnosis and diagnosis of security issues
• Working with hardware
• Software installation
• Providing Office 365 support
• Assisting with PC builds, reconfiguration and re-builds including:
o Account set-up
o Identifying and fixing issues
• Application support in bespoke software
• Providing support to businesses of all sizes with regards to:
o Telephone systems
o VOIP systems
o Internet/ Broadband/ WIFI Connectivity issues
o Network faults
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Salary : £ 12,500.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 11/02/2022
Possible Start Date : 14/02/2022
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : • You’ll be willing to work hard and eager to learn
• You should be adaptable with the ability to multitask
• You must be computer literate to a good standard, will have superb IT skills and a base knowledge of hardware & software.
• You must be a strong communicator, both internally and externally
• You should be able to develop your own effectiveness and professionalism
• You must have a genuine passion for IT
• You will have great customer service skills!
• You’ll be organised and responsive, using initiative and motivation to deal with enquiries
• You will be reliable and enthusiastic
• You’ll have good timekeeping
• You will need a driving licence
Future Prospects : A permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Other Information : A driving licence is required
The map below shows the employer's location