Job Title : ICT Survey & Design Engineer Apprentice
Location : Warwick, CV34 5AH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : L3: Information Communication Technician (Network Technician)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00823
Brief Description : Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to kick start your career? Are you interested in working in an exciting and rewarding environment? Are you ready to challenge yourself and learn new skills and gain on the job experience?
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths, English, Science or an IT related subject and in three or four other subjects at least.
Vacancy Detail : This role is a fantastic opportunity to work within the UK world of rail.
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an ICT Survey & Design Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
About the Company
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus, or tube, or even dial 999; chances are that this employer has enabled the technology to make this happen.
With 2,700 employees and 50 operational locations across the UK and Ireland, they are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation’s infrastructure.
We are looking to recruit an ICT Survey & Design Engineer Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As an Apprentice you will learn:
• How to become a Survey & Design Engineer within the UK rail environment
• How to support many different major projects of engineering
• All about the different operational departments including Civils, Electrical and Telecommunications
• How all the departments work together to produce the end goal
• How rail communication designs are made, used and developed
• The software packages that we use such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, 3D Laser scanning and Point Cloud Processing
• How to gather all the information from various departments to produce a detailed design
• How to work within multiple operational engineer departments to gain a broad view of the business and engineering role within it
• To understand and adhere to the Health & Safety requirements of the UK rail infrastructure
• Receive training for access to the railway infrastructure
• To work as part of a team or work alone
• The requirements of the different customers and contracts and how to fulfil those needs
• To act as a company ambassador
• How to own problems and take the responsibility of solving them
• Be proactive in supporting the business and recognising when colleagues need help
Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Shift work plus weekend overtime
Salary : £ 14,000.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 11/02/2022
Possible Start Date : 14/02/2022
Personal Qualities : • An interest in developing your skills
• The ability to commit 100% to the programme and your personal development
• Basic knowledge of windows operating systems
• Basic knowledge and interest in ICT applications and networking
• A strong focus on client and customer service
• Experience in communicating with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong planning and organising skills
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Be an effective communicator both written and verbal
• A positive, can-do attitude
• The ability to work as part of a team and alone
Skills Required : • Be 18 years of age from January 2022
• Possess normal colour vision & hearing
• Pass a pre employment drugs and alcohol assessment and adhere to the company’s Drugs & Alcohol policy
• A full UK driving licence is a requirement for this apprenticeship
Future Prospects : A permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Other Information : A full UK driving licence is required
The map below shows the employer's location