Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Location : Portland, DT5 2NA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : L3: Information Communication Technician (Digital Communications Technician)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00843
Brief Description : • To assist the service desk with the delivery of the ICT managed support service.
• Provide school-based users with technical assistance.
• Fault Diagnosis and Hardware/Software Support
• Perform routine service delivery tasks
Qualifications Required : Maths and English at c level or above
Vacancy Detail : • First line ‘break-fix’ assistance to school based users as directed by the site Service Desk queue
• Use the service desk software to report, log and correspond to requests
• Communicate with school-based staff to inform them of action and progress of reported problems
• Assist school-based staff and students with technical issues*
• Provide high levels of customer service
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 830-5 37.5 hours per week 1 hour lunch
Salary : £ 170.62 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 13/02/2022
Possible Start Date : 14/02/2022
Personal Qualities : willingness to learn
friendly and approachable
Skills Required : 1. GCSE Maths and English (Grade C or above).
2. Any relevant industry recognised qualification?
3. Willingness to take part in all relevant training.
Future Prospects : a full time position upon completion
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Other Information : Public transport and commute
The map below shows the employer's location