Location: Stoke on Trent,, ST3 5XA
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Sector: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Application Deadline Date: 11/09/2022
Start Date: 04/09/2022
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths and English, and in three or four other subjects. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
The company require bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individuals with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
• Be a strong communicator, both internally and externally
• Able to develop own effectiveness and professionalism
• Be computer literate to a good standard
• Have a genuine passion for IT AND have great customer service!
• Be organised and responsive, using initiative and motivation to deal with enquiries
• Be reliable and enthusiastic
• Have good timekeeping
A permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
About The Company
Our client are an award winning company based in Stoke on Trent. They have received local recognition as well as national recognition for their business activities, being on the cutting edge of software development and for a set of motivated individuals that work together to provide exceptional customer service for their clients.
They are a family run business providing services in telecommunications, IT and software with a vision: To offer bespoke, smart and efficient technology solutions for businesses and organisations.
You will join their friendly IT team, where you will be taking part in a fantastic opportunity to gain a level 3 qualification at the end of the apprenticeship.
We are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice who is hardworking, organised individuals with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Your main role/responsibilities will include:
• Providing 1st line support to SME businesses
• Answering the phone and providing excellent customer service and care in a professional and effective manner
• Providing remote support, advice and guidance to the customer
• Fault diagnosis and diagnosis of security issues
• Working with hardware
• Software installation
• Providing Office 365 Support
• PC builds, reconfiguration and re-builds including:
o Account set-up
o Identifying and fixing issues
• Application support in bespoke software
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.