IT Technical Support Apprenticeship
Location: Hayling Island, PO11 0NU
Salary: £190.00 per week
Sector: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Application Deadline Date: 30/11/2023
Start Date: 04/12/2023
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Monday to Friday. 800-1700.
As an IT Technician Apprentice, you will be involved in all aspects IT Technical Support across the entire school estate. This will include both hardware and software support, plus hardware installation and upgrading of IT equipment. This will involve both remote support and face to face support.
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Please note that you should not hold a higher level qualification (i.e. a Degree) in a similar subject.
The school require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be reliable, honest, willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.
• Due to some heavy lifting being involved, applicants will need to be fit & healthy
• A natural interest in technology is mandatory!
Training to be Provided
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
There is the potential full-time role available for the right person upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Technician Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technician Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team.
• Learning how to provide technical support.
• Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
• Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
• Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors we partner with, to deliver IT support services to our clients.
• Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails.
• Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
• Working on resolving the first line support where capable, and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary.
• Updating company systems.
• Helping in all aspects of IT support within the school, helping manage the school’s internal IT network, helping maintain and repair the school’s IT assets, installing new software and helping move IT assets around school as and when required.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.