Apprentice Service Desk Engineer
Location: Cambridge, CB4 0DL
Salary: Between £18,000.00 and £20,000.00 per year
Sector: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Application Deadline Date: 25/03/2024
Start Date: 29/03/2024
Positions Available: 2
Working Week: Monday - Friday 9-5.30pm
To enhance your technical knowledge and gain experience in how technology plays an essential role in local businesses, you will be working within the Service Desk team where you will be trained to deliver professional IT support by email and telephone.
GCSE Maths & English (Grade C/4 or above)
A keen interest in a career in IT and a strong affinity to problem solving and helping people
• Good customer service is key; you must be patient, friendly and confident in your communication.
• Interest in a career in IT. In turn Bridge Partners will support your needs as you progress.
• A passion for technology and for learning; you do not need to develop software, but you do need to have a basic understanding of how to administer IT and an appreciation for different user challenges.
• Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to see the challenge through from identification to resolution.
Training to be Provided
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communication Technician qualification:
The qualification has core knowledge elements, before branching out into one of the following pathways:
• IT Support Technician
• Network Technician
• Digital Communications Technician
Your Tutor, Pathway Planner and Employer will decide the best pathway for you to follow.
All training is delivered online in virtual classrooms twice per week
You will undertake Functional Skills for English and/or Maths if needed
• At Bridge Partners, we are a family. We are a friendly bunch with passion and ambition who thrive on teamwork, learning and development.
• Opportunities to gain technical knowledge with professional qualifications, exam bonuses and the chance to work on some interesting projects.
• Genuine progression prospects into any area of the business – we have some diverse IT work going on so you can find your niche.
• 33 days holiday including bank holidays, increasing every 2 years you work with us.
• Social events – from the Crystal Maze and the Cambridge Lockhouse to BBQs and dinners.
Are you looking an apprenticeship that offers varied and interesting opportunities, up-to-date training options, a good introduction to real world IT problems and solutions as well as potential future employment prospects? Do you have a keen interest in a career in IT and a strong affinity to problem solving and helping people? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we would like to hear from you. At Bridge Partners you will have the opportunity to work with some fantastic businesses doing amazing things and make a big impact whilst also studying with Intequal. About Bridge Partners
Bridge Partners is an MSP based in Cambridge who support clients with outsourced IT around the UK and abroad. We provide bespoke onsite & remote support to exciting, high growth and ground-breaking SMEs in sectors including biotechnology, life sciences and finance. We focus on long-term relationships that stay true to our core values of Clarity, Partnership and Quality. The Company continues to grow, and we are actively looking for talented people to help us achieve our ambitious growth targets over the next 3 years.
• To enhance your technical knowledge and gain experience in how technology plays an essential role in local businesses, you will be working within the Service Desk team where you will be trained to deliver professional IT support by email and telephone.
• You will also be given the opportunity to get involved in challenging IT projects, monitoring client’s infrastructure/services remotely as well as configuring and building client machines in the Bridge Partners office.
• Working towards becoming a Level 3 Information Communication Technician with Intequal.