IT Support Apprenticeship
Location: Bristol, BS1 6QF
Salary: Between £16,000.00 and £18,000.00 per year
Sector: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Application Deadline Date: 29/01/2024
Start Date: 05/02/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Monday to Friday. 830-1730
As an IT support apprentice, you will work both in the office and as a field engineer. This will be covering both hardware and software support to our customers both remotely and in person.
English and Maths Grade C/4 and above.
You should possess excellent communication skills both written and spoken. You should have excellent time management skills and have the ability to prioritise your workload.
• Knowledge of PC, Laptop, Printer & associated peripherals operation
• Experience in Desktop/Laptop and Printers
• Good customer facing skills.
You should also hold a full clean driving licence.
Training to be Provided
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communication Technician qualification:
The qualification has core knowledge elements, before branching out into one of the following pathways:
• IT Support Technician
• Network Technician
• Digital Communications Technician
Your Tutor, Pathway Planner and Employer will decide the best pathway for you to follow.
All training is delivered online in virtual classrooms twice per week
You will undertake Functional Skills for English and/or Maths if needed
There is the potential for a full time role upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
The role offers a high degree of variety day to day and you will be fully supported by an experienced and knowledgeable group of IT engineers.
Some of the main responsibilities are, but not limited to;
• To repair diagnose and replace PC’s, Laptops, Printers, retail equipment and associated peripherals.
• Complete part movements (RMA generation & physical movement) in a timely and accurate manner, returning items as directed by the Branch within company guidelines.
• Assist other engineers in the delivery of service to our customers.
• Achieve KPI target of 5 visits / fix’s per day.
• Communicate with Call Administration and the Branch throughout the day to effectively manage all call details real time and gain full understanding of the customer’s SLA requirements.
• Utilise PDA to check and update allocated calls in a timely manner to achieve required commit time, and reflect actual work done in real time by way of accurate and quality updates.
• Carry out any other reasonable request from your line management.
• Be able to do some customer rebuilds and basic config.
• Be aware of AV and some Printer repairs.
• Be compliant with management system policies, company policies & guidelines and take responsibility for health & safety in the workplace.
• Must be always professional and presentable.
• Must have full UK driving Licence where required to perform the role.
• Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner.
• Work a certain amount of overtime when required to do so.
• Be Familiar with customer policies and processes where applicable.
• To be approachable and accepting of Training requirements in relation to the role.
• To maintain the skills and knowledge required to perform the role to the required standard.
• Must be able to embrace new technologies and adapt to change.
• Company assets to be maintained.
• Practice quick win principles