IT Support Apprentice
Location: Grimsby, DN31 3DW
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
Sector: Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Application Deadline Date: 08/02/2024
Start Date: 15/02/2024
Positions Available: 1
Working Week: Monday- Friday shifts to be confirmed
As part of the support team, you will play an active part in answering customer support and working them through to resolution. These support incidents can be software and hardware, covering both cloud services and networks. You will be fully supported by an experienced team of engineers.
To be considered for this role, you must have a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree).
• Can-do proactive nature
• Highly organised
• Great problem-solving skills
• Highly inquisitive
• Calm under pressure
• Efficient with time
• Ability to show empathy
Training to be Provided
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Full-time role available for the right person upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
As an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Point of contact for all incoming support tickets
• Log and manage all reactive service calls onto the service management system
• Passing assessed tickets through to appropriate 2nd level support
• Establish and maintain high levels of process documentation relevant to the role
• Meet personal and team productivity and quality targets in line with Service Centre targets
• Taking receipt of system generated email and phone call tickets into the Service Centre
• Complete all aspects of apprenticeship programme.
• Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team.
• Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors partnered with, to deliver IT support services to clients.
• Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails.
• Working on resolving the first line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary.