Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Location : Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1TY
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00262
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Qualifications Required : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and build a career in the IT sector. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. · You must have at least a C grade for Maths & English at GCSE
· A GCSE, BTEC or A/S Level in Business Admin or Business Studies would be beneficial
· Experience within a customer service, administration or sales role is preferred but not essential
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic Gloucester based company as an IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team.
• Providing remote support, advice and guidance to the customer
• Answering the phone and providing excellent customer service and care.
• Fault diagnosis and diagnosis of security issues
• Working with hardware
• Software installation
• PC builds, reconfiguration of accounts and fixing issues
• Learning how to provide technical support.
• Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
• Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
• Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors partnered with, to deliver IT support services to clients.
• Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails.
• Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
• Working on resolving the first line support where capable, and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary.
• Updating company systems.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday - 8.30am - 5.30pm - 37.5Hrs
Salary : £192.15 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2019
Personal Qualities : Be strong communicators, both internally and externally
• Develop own effectiveness and professionalism
• Be computer literate to a good standard
Skills Required : • Have a genuine passion for IT and software AND have great customer service!
• Be organised and responsive, using initiative and motivation to deal with enquiries
• Be reliable and enthusiastic Have good timekeeping
Future Prospects : There are several routes by way of career progression including through the helpdesk, onsite, or a more hardware-based role.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
The map below shows the employer's location