Job Title : IT Helpdesk Support Apprentice
Location : Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, HP27 0AX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Infrastructure technician Level 3
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00271
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Qualifications Required : • To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Vacancy Detail : Job Specification
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Helpdesk Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Helpdesk Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the other members of your team.
• Adhering to the core helpdesk processes, within your team.
• Providing first line technical support via telephone, email and remote access control.
• In line with Service Management Principles, providing a high level of customer service for all support queries.
• Taking ownership of customer problems and being proactive when dealing with customers’ issues.
• Logging and updating all calls on the call logging system.
• Escalating more complex calls to an appropriate IT Support member.
• Liaising with external support partners, such as Vendors like Microsoft, Dell and Aerohive where necessary for any problems which cannot be resolved in-house.
• Assisting other people within the organisation with the preparation of documentation such as a scope of work.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Founded ten years ago, our client has built a solid reputation in Education, Charity and Commercial sectors for delivering tailored IT Solutions. They have also developed a sound reputation for planning, building and integrating BYOD solutions at a number of large and small schools. Their success is founded on a simple principle that each customer and each solution need to be investigated, quoted, planned and delivered based on its own success criteria, as the same solution does not necessarily meet the requirements of all customers.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours
Salary : £180.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2019
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : • You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask, be a logical thinker and have good interpersonal skills.
• You will be focused on delivering good customer service, maintaining a high level of professionalism at all times.
Future Prospects : Progression to 2nd line support role, with the opportunity to do onsite support and installation work depending on how the apprenticeship goes.
Training to be Provided : You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Other Information : Location - Princes Risborough, HP27
Working Hours - Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm (30 minute daily lunch break)
Wage = £180 per week
We process all applications received and contact candidates ASAP so please keep an eye out for a phone call from one of our team on an 02392 number. If you miss a call, we will send you an email.
Things to consider : You may be required to visit some sites.
The map below shows the employer's location