Job Title : Microsoft EM+S Delivery Engineer Apprentice
Location : Twyford, Reading, W4 5 YA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : L3 Information Communication Technician (Support Technician)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00748
Brief Description : Do you love engineering and have a passion for technology? Are you a smartphone hotshot?
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of smartphones.
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as a Microsoft EM+S Delivery Engineer Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
About the Company
For 10 years, our client has been helping businesses adapt to the increasing presence of mobile technologies in business since the very first smartphones became available.
Their expert team combines unrivalled knowledge and technical expertise with solutions from industry-leading software partners to help their clients leverage the power of mobile technologies. Their solutions increase productivity, enhance collaboration, improve employee engagement, enhance service delivery, increase customer loyalty, lower costs and gain competitive edge.
From their offices in Dublin and London, they provide consulting, managed services, professional services and training to many of Ireland and the UK’s most respected organisations across a wide range of sectors.
We are looking to recruit a Microsoft EM+S Delivery Engineer Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
After training, you will be designing, deploying, testing, integration, and support of the Microsoft EM+S suite focusing on a quality delivery of service to clients. Deploying complimentary features such as device enrolment programmes and Mobile Threat Detection products.
• Creation or input into High Level and Low-Level Design documents
• Deployment of Microsoft Intune/EM+S technical designs
• Deployment of enrolment programmes to compliment the EM+S solution such as Apple Business Manager (DEP) and VPP, and Android Enterprise Samsung Knox
• Implementation of solutions in the best and most secure fashion possible
• Deployment of MTD products that integrate with EM+S such as Wandera, Checkpoint Sandblast, Lookout & Corrata.
• Manage UAT testing and pilot phases as part of assigned projects
• Produce documentation as assigned during project such as test plans, device build guides and any other documentation that is required as part of the project scope
• Assist presales solution consultants with design elements for the overall end customer solution which may include content for tender documents
• Provide training to customers on deployed solutions
• Document implemented solutions thoroughly for handover in to in-life support
• Deal with third-party vendors to resolve issues where necessary
• Work with internal project manager to deliver projects on time and in scope
• Build strong relationships with key customers based on professionalism and strong work ethic
• Build strong relationships with counterparts in partner channels to deliver services to customers
• Help grow the business through professional delivery of our services at all times
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Shifts: 9am - 5pm, 8am - 4pm
Salary : £ 225.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 22/10/2021
Possible Start Date : 25/10/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Skills Required : • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Meticulous and professional
• Very strong problem-solving skills, see issues to their resolution and work to prevent re-occurrence
• Enthusiasm for working in a small company environment where everybody needs to ‘dig in’ and do a bit of everything, but exposure to new areas and technologies is constant and the scope for experience-based learning unmatched
• Always going the ‘extra mile’ with customers to improve business relationships and potentially up-sell
• Strong ability to problem solve, see issues to their resolution and work to prevent re-occurrence
• Avid interest in technology, particularly smartphones
• Like working with customers of varying size and experience
• Love of engineering
Future Prospects : A full time permanent position is available on completion of the apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
The map below shows the employer's location