Job Title : ICT Technician Apprentice
Location : Norwich, NR1 2PW
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : L3 Information Communication Technician (Support Technician)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00780
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for technology and are looking to kick start your career in IT? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C/4 or above in English, Mathematics,
Science and IT
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic trust as an IT Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
With the support of the Head of ICT develop skills across the breadth of ICT in a Multi Academy Trust. Supporting the Academies to deliver excellent education with the use of modern technology.
Main roles and responsibilities:
● Reporting to the Head of ICT
● Liaison with Trust staff, external specialists and stakeholders.
Day to day activities:
● Provide day-to-day ICT hardware and software support.
● Provide day-to-day network and server system monitoring.
● With support of the supervisor, manage your own workload through the allocation of
calls/requests via the help desk.
● Perform regular maintenance on IT systems including but not limited to desktops,
laptops, mobile devices, and printers.
● Attend and contribute to ICT related meetings
● Maintain ICT hardware/software inventories
● Install new computer equipment as required
● Be aware of and adhere to all relevant health and safety legislation associated with
● Configure projectors and interactive whiteboards
● Liaise with 3rd party contractors and other relevant companies
● Comply with policies and procedures at all times.
● Undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested,
in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
About the company
The company are a multi-academy trust based in Norfolk and north Suffolk. They support a family of 15 academies, train more than 40 teachers a year and offer continuing professional development (CPD) courses to teachers across the region. They also spearhead Inspiration Teaching School Hub and Angles Maths Hub.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday
Salary : National Minimum Wage
Application Deadline Date : 12/11/2021
Possible Start Date : 15/11/2021
Personal Qualities : Proven organisational skills
Ability to develop a good working relationship with a wide range of Staff, Students and external suppliers & contractors.
Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Skills Required : ICT system installation, configuration and hardware maintenance
Customer Service and managing customer expectations
Knowledge of Google Apps for education
Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
Knowledge of Local Area Networks
Future Prospects : After the ICT Level 3Apprenticeship, the candidate would be considered to progress into a full-time permanent role
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
The map below shows the employer's location