Job Title : IT Technician Apprentice
Location : Maidstone, ME14 5D S
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : L3 Information Communication Technician (Support Technician)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00783
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for technology, particularly around Apple/Mac OS, Android and other tablet devices?
Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Then this is the apprenticeship for you!
Qualifications Required : To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a C/4 grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree).
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic workplace as an IT Technician Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Technician Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Assisting school-based staff and students with technical issues, troubleshooting & problem solving where required for a range of devices
• Using necessary software to report, log and correspond to requests where applicable
• Communicating with school-based staff to keep them updated on the progress of reported problems
• Working with a variety of hardware/devices (including desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, smart boards & projectors, etc.)
• Completing software installations across a range of operating systems
• Completing routine hardware/software maintenance tasks
• Providing high levels of customer service.
About the Company
Our client is an educational establishment that seeks to develop the skills, talents and interests of all their students as individuals. They have high expectations and high aspirations for all, and their vision is one of academic excellence in a supportive and caring environment.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Salary : £ 200.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 26/11/2021
Possible Start Date : 06/12/2021
Personal Qualities : • You will have good one-to-one personal skills, particularly when communicating complex IT issues to non-technical staff and students.
• You will be independent, with the ability to exercise good judgement when considering the need for escalating an issue.
• You will possess a calm and friendly nature.
• You will have a flexible approach to tasks, new ideas and change.
• You will be professionally discreet and able to respect confidentiality.
• You will be confident and able to use your own initiative.
• You will have impeccable attention to detail.
• You will possess a willingness to adapt and learn.
Skills Required : • You will be highly organized with excellent communication skills.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be adaptable, with the ability to multitask.
• You will have experience working in a busy environment, working to deadlines and managing priorities as required.
• You will be used to working collaboratively as part of a team.
• You should have experience using a variety of different devices, running a variety of operating systems.
• You should ideally have experience using or setting up basic audio-visual components such as microphones & sound desks, etc.
• You will be able to explain technical information to a non-technical user.
• You will have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to plan and deliver a solution to a given problem.
• You will possess sound diagnostic and fault-finding skills.
• You will have a basic knowledge of a variety of Windows and Mac OS operating systems, basic Audio-Visual systems and Microsoft 365 products.
• Experience of working in a similar role is desirable.
Future Prospects : Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will receive recognised qualifications and invaluable work experience, giving you a brilliant start to your IT career!
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Other Information : Location: Maidstone, ME14
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
Wage: £200 per week
Please note that your commute may be taken into consideration when we review your application, in line with our safeguarding practices.
The map below shows the employer's location