Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Location : Sevenoaks, Kent, TN15 6PL
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : L3 Information Communication Technician (Support Technician)
Sector : Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00679
Brief Description : Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Qualifications Required : • To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should not hold a higher level qualification (i.e. a Degree) in a similar subject.
• No previous IT or industry experience is required, but the successful candidate will
be expected to demonstrate a keen interest in IT and how systems work, with a problem-solving approach to issues.
• Due to the nature of the role, you will need a full UK driving licence.
Vacancy Detail : Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an Apprentice IT Support Assistant. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
As an IT Support Apprentice, you will:
• Be part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy IT services company.
• Be the first point of contact for all incoming calls, including Helpdesk.
• Provide first line Helpdesk support to our customers, within the Apprentice skillset, demonstrating an outstanding approach to customer service. With training and development, you will become a trusted member of the team who is able to resolve tickets independently.
• Maintain accurate records within both the ticketing system and in response to incoming communication.
• Assist with the setting up, maintenance and repair of computer related equipment.
• Thrive on obtaining new technical knowledge, actively engaging with more senior colleagues to expand your skillset.
• Collect and deliver computer equipment as required by our customers.
• Proactively undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be required by the technical and operations teams. This may include general office duties.
• Be committed to learning and self-development, working towards the standards required in order to complete the apprenticeship.
About the Company
Our client is a leading IT managed service provider, delivering high-quality IT support and services to over 250 organisations across London and the South East. They pride themselves on delivering exceptional IT support with the highest levels of customer service. Employees at the company benefit from an exciting and fast-paced environment in which they gain exposure to up and coming technologies. Continued professional development is encouraged so that team members develop existing skills and gain new ones.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 42.5 hours per week
Salary : £ 212.50 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 26/11/2021
Possible Start Date : 06/12/2021
Personal Qualities : The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
Skills Required : ❖ A high level of professionalism.
❖ Excellent organisational and multitasking skills.
❖ Commitment and punctuality.
❖ Strong written and verbal communication skills.
❖ The ability to work on their own initiative.
❖ A flexible and helpful attitude.
❖ An aptitude for learning.
❖ A professional yet personable telephone manner.
❖ A confidential and trustworthy approach.
❖ A methodical approach with great attention to detail.
❖ A team player mentality.
Future Prospects : Hard work is rewarded by career progression and talent is recognised to ensure our engineers have the passion and drive required to deliver outstanding service to our clients.
Training to be Provided : CORE MODULES
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Other Information : Location - Sevenoaks, TN15
Working Hours - Monday to Friday, 8.45am – 5.15pm
Wage = £212.50 per week
The map below shows the employer's location